Voting Overseas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voting Overseas

Voting is something I take quite seriously. I truly believe it is a right and I make sure to make my voice heard every election. I am now living overseas but I still believe in voting in my home country, especially because some very important issues are coming to the May election. I want to know if anyone else living overseas also votes in their home country elections? (I am not yet a resident here so I can't vote in these local elections.)

For any US citizen who is living abroad there is a very simple way to vote. You simply fill out a form online and they send you your ballots for the entire year. Here's the website: https://www.fvap.gov/

I highly recommend that everyone contact their local governing officials to find out how you can also receive an absentee ballot. Make sure you VOTE.

I voted in all of the US elections when I lived in France!

Comment

I am not living in my country and the truth I didn't vote for my country's elections for so many years already, but it is not because I'm in another country, it is because my country is under a dictatorship and the "elections" are just a theater to show the world that "the people chose the same presdient again"... Basically the elections are fixed so if I vote or no doesn't matter. I guess you can understand if I compare it with Cuba, for 50 years Fidel Castro won all the elections... Interesting no? Well it is a pretty much similar situation

Comment

I am not living in my country and the truth I didn't vote for my country's elections for so many years already, but it is not because I'm in another country, it is because my country is under a dictatorship and the "elections" are just a theater to show the world that "the people chose the same presdient again"... Basically the elections are fixed so if I vote or no doesn't matter. I guess you can understand if I compare it with Cuba, for 50 years Fidel Castro won all the elections... Interesting no? Well it is a pretty much similar situation

Comment

JennyRW- I hope you don't mind me asking, but which country are you from? I am super fascinated by Latin American politics and always love to hear input from from citizens as opposed to mainstream media.

And I agree- voting is very important! I voted in the US elections while I was living in Italy.

Comment

I vote in the US presidential elections while I'm abroad but not minor/state elections. For one, I haven't really "lived" in the state of residency for 6 years now (other than visiting home), so I don't pay attention to the politics there. Secondly, it is an incredibly Republican state and so it feels quite pointless to vote anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by books View Post
              JennyRW- I hope you don't mind me asking, but which country are you from? I am super fascinated by Latin American politics and always love to hear input from from citizens as opposed to mainstream media.

And I agree- voting is very important! I voted in the US elections while I was living in Italy.
              I'm from Venezuela

Comment

Working...
              X