WD-40!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WD-40!

Does anyone know if it's alright to bring a can of WD-40 on a plane (in checked luggage)? Even one under 3 oz. would be fine, but on every website I check, everything is really contradictory about aerosols of that nature :/

It's for part of Miguel's Christmas present (there's a story behind it :P) and I'm not sure how to get it to him otherwise O.o

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
    -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
    \

If it's tiny tiny one, it MAY be okay (tiny little aerosol cans are allowed on the flights I've been on) but there's a good chance it might not be allowed. I guess you just need to ask when you're getting your boarding pass or something.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

I just asked a friend who works for an airline, she says the only aerosols allowed are toiletry types. Hmmm... Can you buy it when you get to where he lives somehow?

Comment

I would only trust the TSA website on this issue:
      https://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtra...ted-items.shtm

Under Flammable Items, aerosols (except for toiletries) are listed as prohibited.

Comment

I'm assuming no because the pressure change in the altitude could cause it to explode. But you could probably fedEx it to him, or maybe buy some when you get there.

Comment

But... I donīt understand what the difference is between WD-40 and a toiletry aersosol :/

Thanks though everyone.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
          -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
          \

Comment

Working...
          X