Booked the trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booked the trip!

So I will be going to Salt Lake City to visit my bf for a week on January 10th. I've never been there before. He lives with his mother and I will be staying in a guest room. I trust him, but what if something goes wrong and I end up stranded in a strange city? I'm almost broke as it is. I've had so much bad stuff happen in the last year I fear the worst. Help calm my fears?

Originally posted by Dar917 View Post
    So I will be going to Salt Lake City to visit my bf for a week on January 10th. I've never been there before. He lives with his mother and I will be staying in a guest room. I trust him, but what if something goes wrong and I end up stranded in a strange city? I'm almost broke as it is. I've had so much bad stuff happen in the last year I fear the worst. Help calm my fears?
    How are you getting there? If you're taking a direct plane ride or a bus, then it's impossible for you to be stranded in a strange city.

Comment

Don't worry it's just the nerves. I am going on the 5th and I'm freaking out as well so I know how you feel. If you are broke I would suggest to make sure you have at least a credit card on hand at all times. If not one at least two of them in case one doesn't work. It's not so you return with debt owing but at that time you'll do anything to return home safely. Also carry enough cash to pay for travelling and a motel if worse comes. I'm not saying it will happen but its better to be safe. Good luck be safe and have fun!

Comment

It'll be okay i'm sure, but if you do have any strange fears feel free to ask me (I live in Utah and can help you out as much as i can). Also if there is a chance you'll get stranded in Salt lake city, you can call me and i can come and get you and you could always stay with me. While i don't live in salt lake city, i live about 30 minutes away and it's not a problem for me to drive there at all (I hope that helps calm your fears some )

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Thanks Riyko, that's very generous of you! I'm sure it will be fine; I'm just worried about getting stood up at the airport or something. I've had a bad year, so something needs to go right for once!

Comment

Working...
          X