help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help!

Does anyone know of a place i can get cheap airlin tickets to australia? being a student its super expensive and i dont want my SO to have to pay for everything

There is not super cheap place; however, Qantas almost universally has the cheapest rates. I recommend a ticket sale site like Expedia or even booking with an agent - they can get you a good deal. ^^

My boyfriend's in Oz, so I speak from experience.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I recommend Expedia too. They are usually good at getting the cheapest flights.

Comment

Just go to the sites of the airlines and usually there are certain cheap offers, so just try some of them. Like Qantas, Etiat, Emirates etc.
        My bf is ozzi as well
        "If it takes...forever....I will wait for you...For a thousand summers...I will wait for you...'Till you're back back beside me...'till i'm holding you...'till I hear you sigh, here in my arms..."

Comment

I recommend flying on a weekday and buying your ticket on a weekday, I know in the states trains and t ickets are always cheaper if you buy them on a really boring day like Wednesday.
          Met: 1.20.09 (At School)
          Starting Dating: 5.22.09
          Been an LDR since: 8.17.10 (3 hours distance)
          Last Time I saw my SO: 10.02.10
          Next time I will see my SO: 10.14.10

Comment

Oh no don't go with Quantas, from what I've heard they have a terrible safety record!!
            Try www.webjet.co.nz or www.statravel.co.nz to find the cheapest flights. They look at all the flights from all the different airlines and give you a list that shows from cheapest to most expensive. I booked my flights through webjet.

Comment

For an expensive flight like US to Australia, I might try a travel agent. I've found better prices with agents for flying to Malaysia than I ever did online. They can find you the good student fares if you book far enough in advance. My agent only charges a $25 fee to book my flight, so I end up saving a lot when compared to websites.

Comment

I would go with an agent as well.

Also, honestly, looking at ticket prices, V Australia AND American Airlines were both cheaper than Quantas; in V Australia's case, we're talking over $600 (from LA to Melbourne at least, I just made up parameters). And Emirates is definitely *not* cheap...the only way you can afford to fly with them is if you own the airline.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

not sure if im too late...i find from UK to Aus Emirates are usually always the cheapest! Qantas are expensive and have an AWFUL safety record!!! I fly to Australia at least twice a year and i shop around all over the internet and in travel agents and Emirates always come out cheapest. Also if you can try and go outside of main school holidays, october, february and may are the cheapest months
                  Also when you find the cheapest flight online, print it out and take it to flight center and they will beat it for you...so you get it even cheaper :P If they can't beat it they give you £2000 for free! (i think its £2000...it might be £1000).

I've flown to Australia 8 times since I was 7 years old, and I also lived there for a year and a half
                  Which part are you going to?
                  I go back home to Perth for Christmas in 3 weeks...sooo excited!!
                  I'm living off £10 a week for 9 months to raise money for 4 charities (Tommy's, Home-Start, Lupus UK and Hughes Syndrome Foundation)
                  please visit my blog and sponsor me! https://10poundpom.blogspot.com/
                  It's really easy to donate, you just go to the blog link, click on the Just Giving links at the top right hand side, and then click donate! It literally takes 30 seconds to fill in the details in order to donate and it will make such a difference to these amazing charities! Every donation is greatly appreciated, no matter how small!

'The reason it hurts so much to separate....is because our souls are connected'

Comment

not sure if im too late...i find from UK to Aus Emirates are usually always the cheapest! Qantas are expensive and have an AWFUL safety record!!! I fly to Australia at least twice a year and i shop around all over the internet and in travel agents and Emirates always come out cheapest. Also if you can try and go outside of main school holidays, october, february and may are the cheapest months
                    Also when you find the cheapest flight online, print it out and take it to flight center and they will beat it for you...so you get it even cheaper :P If they can't beat it they give you £2000 for free! (i think its £2000...it might be £1000).

I've flown to Australia 8 times since I was 7 years old, and I also lived there for a year and a half
                    Which part are you going to?
                    I go back home to Perth for Christmas in 3 weeks...sooo excited!!
                    I'm living off £10 a week for 9 months to raise money for 4 charities (Tommy's, Home-Start, Lupus UK and Hughes Syndrome Foundation)
                    It's really easy to donate, you just go to the blog link, click on the Just Giving links at the top right hand side, and then click donate! It literally takes 30 seconds to fill in the details in order to donate and it will make such a difference to these amazing charities! Every donation is greatly appreciated, no matter how small!

Comment

Actually Qantas has one of the best safety records but well in recent years they have decline, many aviation experts will say Qantas is still safer than many airline carriers out there and we all know how the media hype up anything to do with aeroplanes.

I wouldn't fly Qantas though, too expensive and I have heard of maintenance cut backs and short cuts which have been going on for at least a decade (family friend used to work for Ansett before Air New Zealand destroyed it).

From all the research I've done, I'm going to England in Feb, Emirates are you're best bet. I've been told the planes are comfy, food is good and plentiful, service was great and well priced.
                      If you want cheap I have found Etihad and Thai air are both cheaper than Emirates.

I hope you found some cheap flights, I think given the location of Australia, its damn expensive to get here unless you're from Asia/Middle east or New Zealand. I also warn, compared to the US things are definitely more expensive.
                      Let us know how you have gone
                      Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

When I lived in Perth all we ever heard on the news was the latest Qantas engine fail...or crash or whatever lol :P they had one a week or two ago where they had to turn around mid flight and fly back to Singapore!?

Emirates are really good, i love them! Singapore and Cathay Pacific are also very good, out of all of them Cathay Pacific are my favourite...but thats the longest flight because they go via Hong Kong, so instead of the 20 hour flight with Emirates it's 30 hours! (total travelling time...not the actualy flight itself lol)
                        Singapore are reaallllyyy expensive though, i'm flying with them in 2 and a half weeks coz i paid for the ticket using airmiles
                        if i didnt have those airmiles there is no way i would be able to afford the £3000 xmas ticket price!!!

Comment

How much did your flights cost . RETURN approx?

i wanna know everyones prices cause im gonna buy a ticket soon

Comment

I'm travelling to America, 2 years ago I paid $2050, this year I've had to fork out $2750
                            Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                            First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Qantas are one of the most expensive

Comment

Working...
                              X