Partner is moving to Oz from UK. Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partner is moving to Oz from UK. Help!

Hi everyone, so my boyfriend is moving to Oz for 1/2 years in a few weeks. We’ve been together for nearly a year and recently ended things because we both felt it would be too difficult to keep things going. I’m scared to try, I’m scared that I won’t be there for him if something goes wrong, I’m scared that the distance will ruin us. But he’s so optimistic about everything and he wants us to try. He wants us to take the chance but I don’t know if I can. I’m too scared to lose him whilst we’re so far apart. But I know deep down, we’re meant for each other. He is 28 and I’m 26. We’re both from London and met at uni but only got together a year ago.

You can do it! If you've been together a year, already knew each other for years, and know deep down that it's meant to be, it'll work! My girlfriend and I were in similar situations (knew each other in college, started dating afterwards), and honestly, as long as you make regular plans to see each other and are both enthusiastic about the relationship beforehand, you'll be fine.

Not to mention that it'll be great to head down under when it's your winter but summer in Australia and vice versa! That's one part of long-distance that's pretty great if you have the flexibility -- visiting is often a vacation with one of your favourite people. I'd say it's worth a shot

Comment

Working...
    X