Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of COURSE this would happen the day before I leave .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of COURSE this would happen the day before I leave .

https://www.euronews.net/2011/12/18/...ntinue-strike/

I just got an alert from the Le Monde app on my phone, and Nice has joined the strike. I'm taking a flight to Paris tomorrow and a connecting flight to Nice. Normally I'm all for workers striking (and in France it's a bit of a national pastime ) but seriously, WHY now?

If my flight is cancelled, I will shank someone. Heads will roll. I've waited nearly four months to see my boyfriend.

I think the universe hates me.

Oh No!! Best of luck. I've had plenty of strikes delay my plans. Maybe if all else fails, you can take a train/bus and get your ticket refunded?

Comment

Damn!
      I hope everything turns out well and that you can make it to Nice without any issues.

Comment

Ughhh I respect the French spirit of striking but am so annoyed when it gets in my way haha Last year, right around this same time, I remember being so stressed about if my plane would be able to leave because of freak snow storms and intermittent striking.

*fingers crossed for you*

Comment

Awww this sucks!! Hope for the best.. Those darn Frenches

Comment

Thinking good thoughts!!!

Comment

Thank you everybody!

I've been refreshing the front page of Le Monde like crazy, haha, and things are looking relatively optimistic: the strike is mostly centered in Lyon, and even though Paris and Nice have technically joined, no flights have been affected in Nice yet and delays are only 30 minutes to an hour in Paris. So, I really, really hope it doesn't get any worse. They're bringing in the police tomorrow, which I honestly think might make things worse, but who knows.

Comment

Working...
              X