Project In England!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project In England!

I recently found out that from March to May 2013 I will be doing a project (TBD) in London! I'm already getting pretty psyched to go. Does anyone that has traveled to London from the US have suggestions on what to expect?

sigpic

Great news! What to expect at the airport? In London? I live in London right now if you have more specific questions, I can't really think of things off the top of my head atm.

Comment

I guess more with traveling to London. Are there certain things that I'm not allowed to bring with me? Also what should I expect when I go through customs?

sigpic

Comment

Congrats!!!

Check with the airline you're going on for luggage requirements. They also usually have the most updated flight regulations...like stuff you can bring with you and how many ounces of shampoo you can have on hand, etc. Wear shoes that can slip on/off. It helps in the airport and it also helps on that long flight. Anything you bring for a regular trip is fine. I know that in general plant material, fresh fruts/veggies and dairy products usually don't cross borders well because of legal customs....other than that I don't really know what to tell you.

Customs is intimidating but relatively easy. Just have everything in hand when you get to the front of the line, be honest with whatever they ask you, but be brief.

Comment

I suppose you'll fly to LHR (Heathrow), I don't know what you are used to, but I find Heathrow to be one of the most chaotic airports, so when you get there don't be too intimidated and ask others for help
          I guess the tube system will seem confusing at first as well, but its actually very easy to get around make sure you get an oyster card for public transport!!

Comment

Working...
          X