Stockholm: 3 full days to visit the city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stockholm: 3 full days to visit the city

My SO and I had to decide how to come back from Italy (my home country where we are spending our holiday at my parent's place) to Germany (his home country where he still studies and I have a temporary contract) at the end of the summer.
    Unfortunately, flying to Berlin is not easy from my area. So we looked at different options and at the end we decided to do Italy- Stockholm, and then Stockholm-Berlin. All together (with taxes too), the 2 Ryanair flights costs 45€ per person, which is a reasonable price for us!

So we are arriving on August 25th late night, and leaving on August 29th early morning.
    Basically, we have 3 days to spend in the Swedish capital!

In our couple, I'm the one who plans everythign when we travel, so i thought it would be nice to hear form you if you have any suggestions about what do to in Stockholm, or (even better) if you will be there and you would like to meet for a drink or so!

I wait for your suggestions, if you have! And if you don't have, what are your holiday plans for this summer? are you able to spend some time with your SO?

I was just in Sweden last month, gorgeous city!

For getting around from place to place, I really recommend the hop on - hop off boats instead of a taxi or bus. They're quicker, and pretty cheap for an all day pass, and they take you to all the tourist spots. I LOVED the Vasa museum, if you like history, you can't miss it. Skansen open-air museum was a nice way to spend the day, it's beautiful to walk through. Grona Lund is an amusement park that sits right on the harbor, with roller coasters next to the sea. Old City is supposed to be good for shopping, though we skipped it this trip. Have fun, Stockholm is a fun city, I hope to get back there soon
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Enjoy

Comment

Watch the change of the Palace Guard (It's on a hill above the Old Town), and explore the Old Town nearby.

And enjoy the ridiculous amount of HM stores. You have one on every corner!

Comment

I would recommend going to Old Town (Gamlastan) as it is absolutely beautiful, and the amount of shops and restaurants in the area are amazing! I'm not sure what airport you're flying into, but I'm guessing Arlanda? As that's the biggest airport, and if so then you should go into the part of the city that's near to Arlanda, as it is meant to be really nice there
          No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

Working...
          X