Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Europe in November - where should we go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Europe in November - where should we go?

Hello all!

My SO & I are hoping to go on a weekend-ish (3-4 days) long vacation in November. We'll both be living in London. His suggestion is to go on an all-inclusive 'fly & flop' to the Canary Islands or someplace similar... but I don't know how keen I am if it dones't get really hot (I've read max. is gets is 21 degrees) & we're stuck in a resort with nothing to do. Although I've never been to a proper resort, so maybe someone has more insight?

I thought maybe we could go on a 'city break', maybe to Athens or Barcelona. But November is the rainy season! I don't really mind if it's not super warm (I am Canadian & 14-18 degrees in November sounds amazing) but I do want to see the sun! London gets very very grey so I'd like to see Mr. Sun before he hides away for months...

So, long story short, does anyone have any advice/ experience on where to travel in Europe in November? Thank you!

Anywhere is amazing, I know that probably doesn't help but everywhere is great! I'd do a city break though, November isn't really so hot for the southern hot spots.

Comment

Croatia? Montenegro? Turkey? Or you could go a bit further south and do Morocco or Tunisia? Or just a bit further south to Cape Verde? I think a lot of Europeans vacation there so maybe flights wouldn't be too expensive. Yeah...my vote's for Cape Verde (although, it's not in Europe)
      Last edited by mllebamako; August 21, 2012, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Re: resorts- I would never want to go to one. Of course plenty of people love them. But I feel trapped in one. Once my flight was canceled and the airline put the whole flight in an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica (where we missed our flight). Well after I had gotten beer from every bar, been to all the fake beaches, and eaten 6 cones of ice cream I was sick of the place. Luckily we only had one night to spend there. I would have gone crazy if we were there for more than a day!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
          Re: resorts- I would never want to go to one. Of course plenty of people love them. But I feel trapped in one. Once my flight was canceled and the airline put the whole flight in an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica (where we missed our flight). Well after I had gotten beer from every bar, been to all the fake beaches, and eaten 6 cones of ice cream I was sick of the place. Luckily we only had one night to spend there. I would have gone crazy if we were there for more than a day!!!
          I might be in a silly mood (too much work) but that made me laugh. Beer and ice cream sounds sooo good right now...

Anyway, I can't imagine going to a resort either. When I go somewhere it's to see the place, not to lie around, do nothing and eat and drink, I can do that perfectly well at home.
          I'm not scared of the cold either, but if you want a bit warmer maybe Istanbul? Rome?

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Thank you all for your suggestions! I'll start doing some more research about those places.

Comment

Working...
            X