Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

France to the Netherlands - How to organise the trip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

France to the Netherlands - How to organise the trip?

Hey everyone!

I've got a question which I hopefully find an answer to~ I hope what I wrote down won't be too confusing for you guys, since it definitly started to confuse me
    My SO is going to study in France in a few weeks and I live in the Netherlands. I've been trying to figure out ways to find out how we could visit each other in this situation. We are both students and since he won't have a car in France, and I can't drive at all, so we have to rely on public transportation. Is there any website (or something else)that helps you organise an international trip within Europe?

I only have been able to find trips that go to Paris (through the railway organization of my country), while my SO won't be staying near Paris at all. My German and French is limited, so I found it very hard to look for information on the official sites of public transportation of the respective countries.
    I figured it might be easier to travel through Germany, seeing I live very close to the border of Germany and the city my SO will be staying in a city near the German borders as well. (I live in Nijmegen (near Arnhem) and my SO will be staying in Strasbourg).
    Does anyone have suggestions to get the trip together?

Traveling to each other with airplane IS possible, the only problem would be the transportation from the airports to our homes.

Have a nice day you guys~
    Love,
    Mellow.
    You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

https://www.deutschebahn.com/en/start.html

It takes about 6-7h by train and apparently, yes, you can go through Germany

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Awh, thank you very much! That website is really useful c:
      You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

Maybe that is useful too.

That is very new and cheaper than Deutsche Bahn.

It is called Meinfernbus.de

Comment

Originally posted by Nadine View Post
          Maybe that is useful too.

That is very new and cheaper than Deutsche Bahn.

It is called Meinfernbus.de

Yep. Would have recommended that as well.
          Also interesting: mitfahrgelegenheit.de it's a car and train share website. People offer a seat in the cars or a group ticke for the train to join. I find the latter the most interesting

Comment

What I did to organize international trips while I was in Luxembourg was I took the bus to the train station and picked up the little train schedule pamphlets that they had to places at or near I wanted to go. I also asked the ticket sales people about the best way to get from Luxembourg to some of my less popular destinations, and they were somewhat helpful for finding trains that went to where I needed to go. Strasbourg should be pretty easy to get to since it's such a popular place, though.

This map defines routes and specifies which rails are high speed, normal, or fast inter-city rails. You'd probably have to transfer trains at least twice, but the schedules usually point that out.

This site actually seems pretty cool and gives you travel options and price estimates. O:
            Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
            Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
            Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Working...
            X