Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any tips on Ireland?

Hi everyone!
    I have been so lucky to spend my whole summer with my SO, but now the end is coming quickly. To end this amazing summer i wanted to do something special, so I booked flight tickets and a railpass to Ireland. This was sort of spontanuous, and we are leaving next week. Help! Anyone any tips on where to go and what to see? We both love history and nature, not so much into the partying/student like places. We are flying to Dublin, and we have no booked things, so every tip is welcome!

If you ever go around the other side of Ireland go visit Cliffs of Moher. That is a breathtaking place and Galway is a nice place to see as well. (lived there for two years, loved it).

There are many Natural heritage areas around ireland that are worth seeing. It's always worth seeing Ocean. And when you travel through you'll see how beautifull Ireland can be just as it is. Sometimes it's worth stopping on your way if you can.
    “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
    ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
    Closed the distance >21.03.2015
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks! We are definitely planning on going around the whole island. I hope that even though we don't have a car, we can still see the silent most beautiful spots.

Comment

I took a day trip from Dublin to Glendalough, it was super pretty.

Comment

If you can make the 3-4 hour trip, go to Galway. It's amazing. I loved it so much better than Dublin and wish my ex lived there. They have a hawk walk, which is intense, in Ballyvaughan which is an hour's bus trip from Galway, and though my ex and I made the entire 8-9 hour trip the same day, it was completely worth it. The people of Ballyvaughan are beautiful and the Birds of Prey Centre is amazing. If you're going to stay in the Dublin area, I think Howth is worth a day trip. If you walk down the street from the rail station and up the hill (past the bathrooms at the other end of the strip), you eventually get to a set of stairs and can go down and get onto the beach. It's lovely. Howth was a magickal place for me. I also really liked the Dublin Zoo. And Brey (sp) and Dun Leoghrie (sp) were really nice little beach towns as well.

Comment

Wow thanks guys! very helpfull this! Any tips on castles? (oooh how I love old buildings....)

Comment

Working...
            X