X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prague travel tips?

Hey guys ))

I was just in Stockholm with my grandma to see family which was nice

So this weekend my SO and I are doing are rather spontaneous trip to Prague, which I hope will be awesome! We have about 4.5 days there, any cool tips for activities, restaurants, nightlife etc?
    Thanks in advance

I haven't been to Prague the city, only at the airport for a switch of flights, and the people at the hand luggage check didn't speak english!

Comment

hehe luckily we're driving because he's now stationed maybe an hour from the czech border so hopefully no trouble with luggage

Comment

I love Prague..it's my favorite city in thr world!! You will have a great time there
        Make sure to visit the cathedrals and the Museum of Torture, which is kinda gross but pretty cool, too!
        You should also try the beef goulash when you go out to eat. Almost every restaurant serves it

Comment

Have been there . .. i think 3 weeks ago.. well what do you want to do? Sight seeing? Shopping? Cafes? Nightlife?

There's a nice Italian restaurant in the end of the Wenceslas Square (right hand, towards centre). I cannot remember to its name, but its on the second floor. The price was very reasonable and we totally enjoyed food and service. Ask for a table near the windows! Try to avoid all the other restaurants in town. They are totally overpriced.
          Then you can find many bars in town. We went to "Jazz republic" in Prague, its close to the Italian restaurant (end of Wenceslas Square, but left hand, where the metro station is). There are many little bars around this aera. Please avoid the club near the Charles Bridge ... unless you are 16!
          Then "Bugsy's bar" - you really have to go in there! You won't regret it!!!! It is one of the best bars in the world. But please make a reservation!

Then you have to see the jewish quarter (but please think of sabbat, then its all closed), Charles bridge, the castle, all the churches, the little eiffel tower, the monastary, the old town square, .... there's a lot to see!
          What i really enjoyed: we set in the sand on island Kampa with feet in the water (end of Charles bridge, right hand) and had the best view to the Charles Bridge. That was very relaxing after a day of sight seeing.
          I didnt enjoy the museum of torture. Nothing new, not very lovely presented and super unfriendly staff for a ridiculous price.
          Then i didnt enjoy the boats tour ... but some friends loved it.

Oh and metro is running til 10 pm, i think or 11 pm. But no reason to panic, the trams and buses are running all night!!! Just ask some staff in the bars or clubs and they will tell you how to get back to your hotel.
          And best is to use public transport, the prices were really cheap and it brings you to everywhere. We used to buy a day saver, cause it worked out best for us. So please have coins!

Well i think thats it ... Enjoy your stay in Praha!

Comment

Bombay Bar and Coyote Bar, enough said

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
            2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
            3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
            4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
            5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
            6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
            7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
            Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
            UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

I will make a trip to Prague with my man in December so thanks Nadine, for your great tips!
              With you or with no one.

Comment

Went there on our honeymoon, had a wonderful time!

Best place to eat is the lesser town, everything is cheaper that side of the bridge - you must try their Goulash, its something else! Their beer is nice too Check out st nicholas church which is also in the lesser town. Doesnt seem like much on the outside but the inside will take your breath away! And definitely check out charles bridge at night too, its lovely.

Oh and when crossing road, be so careful because the drivers are very unforgiving. And watch out for trams You can pretty much walk everywhere - we didnt use a tram once and went a long way around prague.

If you buy any of the czech garnet rings (ask for a discount for cash and they knock off a huge chunk), or anything from charles bridge, dont pay the full price straight up. Ask if they take offers. I bought a painting of charles bridge for 4050czk when they were asking for 500czk It's common to do it seems.

WATCH OUT FOR SERVICE CHARGES AND TAX ON MENUS. We got totally ripped off one night while eating out. The menu was great a price so we sat down, ordered, asked for the bill and they added a service charge PLUS tax and some other random charge which was mentioned no where on the menu. What started out as a cheap meal turned into something a lot more expensive. So ask them if there is any extra costs like service charge or tax that isnt on the menu.

At the moment, thats all i can think up. Enjoy your time there!! Take lots of pictures because its a beautiful place.

Comment

Have fun I went to Prague back in 2004 and loved it, one of my highlights was just walking round the city it's beautiful

Comment

Working...
                  X