Logistics of possible summer holiday stressing me out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logistics of possible summer holiday stressing me out

My SO and I would like to go on holiday this coming summer with our kids.
    The problem is he & his son would be travelling from UK and my kids & I from Finland.
    One (great idea) would be an all inclusive holiday in a nice hotel with a water park etc.
    But how can you do that from two different countries, so that you would end up in the same room/apartment?

There are a couple travel agencies that are in both countries (with a different name but same group/under the same big company).

Another idea would be to book a villa/apartment and then just get the flights separately which would sound easiest to organise.
    It would have to be near the beach/shops/restaurants and with enough activities, as otherwise the kids would get bored and we don't want to be driving/renting cars. This is why the all inclusive would be great.

He was thinking about Egypt, but all of Finlands big travel agents have taken Egypt of their lists due to the situation over there.
    It looks like we are left with Spain/Turkey. We would be going for a week and we don't have a big budget.

Has anyone had this issue before? How did you solve it?
    Any other ideas that we may be missing here?

what about a eurocamp place, the sort where you turn up and stay in a tent provided or cabin?

You could travel there independently and the camps have loads of stuff for kids on, there are some in the south of France if you want the hotter weather.

Comment

https://www.eurocamp.co.uk/destinations/france.html is the website which is uk based but I don't see why it would be a problem having people coming from Finland too.

Comment

Oooh I did that with m parents every year and it was amazing! Well we did actual camping, but the people who went with us stayed in those eurocamp "tents". They have great programms for kids (or used to at least). I can absolutely recommend that.

Comment

I don't have experience with this, so I don't have advice. I did want to offer my support and hopes that you get it worked out easily. It sounds like a great plan. I would think you would both book separate trips to the same place. Once one has confirmation, the other could book with a request to share quarters. I'm sure it sounds easier than it is. Good luck!

Comment

I will of course opt to going to Turkey But in summer it can get really hot, so for that reason I would say rather Spain. If you contact a travel agency, they could inform you if it is possable to have travellers coming from two different places and still get considered one party for all inclusive. Or you could book different flights and then book the hotel seperate or even rent some private, cheep apartment through Airbnb.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

one of you could book the hotel online? that should be easy! you just get separate flight and meet on the same day in the hotel! Usually when you book online, you only have to give the number of people staying in the room, and sometimes the names, but that's it! shouldn't be too difficult!

Comment

Wow! So many responses! Thank you everybody

We only have a week and my SO doesn't want to be driving on his holiday, which unfortunately rules out what 80anthea suggested.
                I had a look at the site and they have lovely parks and places in Spain too.
                I've never been to Spain before so I would love to go there.

Oh and just wanted to add that the SO isn't too keen on France. I wouldn't mind going there.

Different countries, it doesn't matter if it's hot as long as there is aircon, a pool and a beach!

I think we will continue looking at hotels, apartments and villas.

If there is an all inclusive hotel we like that the travel agents have from both Finland and UK, I think I could try asking if it is possible to combine two bookings or something.

If it was just me going it would be easy. I could first fly to UK for a few days and then go together from there and same on the way back.
                But with adding two kids that would get too pricey and complicated....and stressful.

Comment

Working...
                X