Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can I do on a long trainride?

Hello

I am going to see my SO in two weeks again, and it will take about 12 hours on the train to get there. I normally am big on reading but for some reason I can't read longer than an hour in a moving vehicle before I get sick. I've done this trip several times before, and usually just listened to music, but even that gets so boring.
    I'll be doing this more often now since we finally seem to be past the "on again off again we-don't-know-if-we-can-do-this state" and its the cheapest way to get there.

So has anyone any advice what to DO on a long trip to not fade away from boredom?
    Any ideas are welcome

P.S.: only some of the trains I'm on have sockets and then probably not on every seat, so I'd especially appreciate any tips that don't involve electricity

I spent my ride with 3 electronics. My phone, my tablet, and my ipod. I had all the same movies on each on thanks to google play so I just watched movies. Once one was over or my battery was close to dying I switched. After 2 movies I slept a bit or just took out a piece of paper and started drawing or listing things I love about my s/o or things I want to do when Im there. It is really hard to pass time for 12 hours. Do not forget to get up and stretch a bit

Comment

If reading doesn't work, you can try to LISTEN to a book. You can buy one of those chargers that are not dependent on electricity to charge. Then you can also watch movies, possably get online if that will work. You can also try to play card games by yourself, knit, write in a journal, write letters to your SO, make lists of things to do together, read a magazine (I sometimes find that easier than books), eat (I like to bring lots of different and easy to eat foodstuff and drinks, in addition to the stuff they might sell on the train), go for a walk to get tea or coffee, do a little yoga sitting, do mental games about the scenery (if you see a house, who do you think lives there and what do they do, if there is just nature, what would it like to live up there and so on). Sometimes when the train stops you can get off for a few seconds or at least lean out through the door. Make sure to move about a little bit so you don't get stiff
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Thank you both!
        I've never thought about magazines but that's a good idea actually! I will try that! I loved the mind games idea aswell
        I don't own a tablet and my computers battery is so old it dies after 20 mins :P but i will remeber this option for a richer future
        I fortunately have a one hour break in Hamburg and then be on a fairy for a bit where you have to leave the train so I can move around quite alot, I mostly don't know where to put my thoughts

Comment

Working...
        X