Travel Advice for Slovenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel Advice for Slovenia

I'll be starting junior college for a bachelor's degree in August, and I'm hoping to eventually prepare and travel during a break or in-between a semester.

I'm looking forward to at least a month or so, since I want to spend as much as I can with him and it would be a while before I can travel there again.

Plus, with how much money round-trip plane tickets are, I'm looking to spend more than a week or two there. But I'll take however much time I can get if I can't continue my school work online when college starts again.

On that note, would I be able to receive a long-stay visa? I'm not a skilled worker and I'm far from wealthy, but I will be sure to have enough money to accommodate me throughout the visit.

Will I need to visit a Slovenian Embassy? As it's a distance from where I live and I'd like to save as much as I can, but I will travel to one if I must.

I would like to move to Slovenia as well, sometime after I've received my bachelor's degree, and I would appreciate any advice and tips on how to go about that.

Thank you for your time!

Slovenia is part of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Citizens of participating countries can travel visa free, for up to 90 days. The US is part of the VWP also, so assuming you have a passport issued by the USA, you can just go there, and stay up to 90 days. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_Waiver_Program Travel rules between the US and Europe are really easy to find on the internet.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you for your response! Isn't the VWP just for those who want to travel to the U.S. though? Or am I misreading? It's very much appreciated to know though, for when he want to travel here!

Comment

I think Moon (who I am delighted to see on the forums!) misread your post-- I see you're traveling from the US to Slovenia, correct? I believe Slovenia follows general EU rules where US citizens can travel for up to 3 months visa-free within the EU. You can get information on traveling there from the US Embassy's webiste. Here's the site for visiting and the site for residence and work permits. Unless your "long stay" is longer than 3 months, you should be fine to travel without going to an embassy.
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

No. The VWP is for citizens in all participating countries (including the US) to travel to any other country on the list. I've traveled extensively using it. You may be thinking of ESTA, which someone travelling with VWP needs to enter the US. It's a separate thing, an online pre-approval for entry, good for 2 years, but completely different than VWP.
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
            I think Moon (who I am delighted to see on the forums!) misread your post-- I see you're traveling from the US to Slovenia, correct? I believe Slovenia follows general EU rules where US citizens can travel for up to 3 months visa-free within the EU. You can get information on traveling there from the US Embassy's webiste. Here's the site for visiting and the site for residence and work permits. Unless your "long stay" is longer than 3 months, you should be fine to travel without going to an embassy.
            Hi Kitty Just a brief stop over, but nice to see a few people here I still know!

Comment

Working...
            X