Anyone ever heard of the Megabus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever heard of the Megabus?

Has anyone ever heard of the bus service Megabus? I have a friend that lives in Atlanta and takes it from the city we're currently in to Atlanta for $1. I didn't believe it either but she said its true o.O. She's taken it twice already. Its not exactly $1. Its a buck for one way, and a buck for the return trip. It varies from city to city, but it's never been too expensive. My SO wants to take it from the city his college is in to Atlanta and then from Atlanta to my city which would about 10 hours...the same as greyhound...but for a total cost of about $20. I haven't checked how much it is for the UK or Canada, but their bus services are offered there, too .

Here's the site. I hope I'm not offering a sham or whatever. I do know people who have taken it though and everything has turned out fine :P

https://www.megabus.com

A friend of mine has also told me about Megabus... she frequently travels from Philly to Boston... and she has also told me that every once in a while she gets $1 fares...

Comment

Ive taken Megabus into New York City. It was worthwhile, considering it was a least 75% cheaper than the train. It isnt ALWAYS just $1, it depends on the time you travel amd distance and things. I was pleased with the service. My biggest problem was that they didnt drop off and pick up in the same ppcation in NYC...was odd and frantic when I needed to find my way haha. The busses were decent, quiet and I had 2 full seats to stretch out on. I'd do it again and reccomend it to anyone I know whos headed to the city.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out whether or not I'll be using it to visit my SO ver my spring break. I'd be going from Bufflo NY to Union Station in Washington DC. I'm trying to plan it in a way where I avoid a transfer in NYC. The walk just looks troublesome to me. I'm a country girl so cities scare me.
        ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
        The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

I'm actually trying to plan a trip up to my SO with Megabus right now!

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, my friend uses it ALL the time, and it's used my college students a ton. Book your tickets in advance, and you can get the first seat for up to a dollar! How cool is that???
            "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

I actually used Megabus to visit my SO recently - Chicago to Saint Louis. It was something like $19 each way. WAY cheaper than Greyhound, and it was a perfectly uneventful trip. I took it on the advice of a friend, who uses it quite frequently and has never had any major issues. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap way to travel!

Comment

I found out about this the other day! I think it could come in useful in future

Comment

Me and Sam went from London to Newcastle (in the UK) and then back again with Megabus. It took about 7 hours/one way and it wasn't the fanciest bus but for £10 a journey for the both of us? Totally worth it.
                  Definitely using it again if the depature times match, it's stinking cheap!

Comment

I'm so jealous of you all! It doesn't go anywhere near me :/ I'll keep in mind if I need to get anywhere from NJ though - I could just hop on the bus in NYC!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I'm not sure about the US, but I'm in the UK and I take Megabus all the time! Yes, 1 pound journeys seem dodgy but I promise you its not a scam. I've taken a couple myself in the past years, but they're not at the most convenient times though. I think the bus isn't too bad, seats are fine and not too uncomfortable for me (I sleep the whole way anyway!)

My friend's travelled all the way from London to Scotland for 1pound on Megabus, a 13 hour bus ride, not the best mode of transportation but hey, its only a pound (:
                      sigpic

Comment

I hate Megabus. But I think that's only because EVERY time I've been on one, I've been leaving my SO!

But yeah, it's incredible! I've used it in Canada and the UK! Unless I find a £1 fare though, I'm never doing the bus from Edinburgh-London again. It cost like £19, took 9.5 hours, had too many seats jammed in to the same space as a normal bus, had awful seats with worn out padding, and the A/C didn't work in JULY. When I head to London next, I'm splurging the extra £10 for the gorgeous 4.5 hour train ride!!

Other than that, it's been massively useful on shorter bus journeys

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                        Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

SO and I took megabus from Dallas to San Antonio last time I visited him. Nice new double-decker buses... though the AC was on way too high on the way back to Dallas...
                          First met online: June, 2010
                          First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
                          Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                          Third visit together: August, 2012
                          Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                          Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
                          Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
                          Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Working...
                          X