Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada - Toronto! Where to go? Where to stay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada - Toronto! Where to go? Where to stay?

This may be jumping the gun a little (My SO hasnt even renewed his passport yet, let alone booked tickets) but when my SO [hopefully] comes to visit in March we would both like to Toronto for a few days (I'm currently in PA).

It would be great to miss the Canadian march school holiday (I read that schools take a week off but it varies by region). So if anyone knows when that is it would be a great help.

I'll be taking 2 days off from work, and we'll go over a long weekend (e.g. thursday-sunday) at the moment we are planning on taking the mega bus, but it is a 10 hour trip and essentially wipes out 2 days of our trip, so I may end up paying for both of our flights (even though my SO is terrified of flying!!).

I plan on taking this trip by myself anyway, even if my SO doesn't make it over here, so if anyone could suggest MUST see places in toronto, and where to avoid etc. We don't want to be queuing for hours to just do one thing!! I was thinking about taking a trip to niagra falls, but again I feel like it might take up too much time...

Which hostels/hotels are cheap and good, but still within the city center etc?

Thanks!!
    Si tu n'etais pas la
    Comment pourrais-je vivre
    Je ne connaitrais pas
    Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
    Quand je suis dans tes bras
    Mon coeur joyeux se livre
    Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
    Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Niagra falls isn't that far away. Go to the ROM - Royal Ontario Museum, I can't think of anything else at the moment, its been a while since I've been there.

We stayed in the Drake hotel, it was really cool.

Comment

For hostels check out hostelworld.com, hostelbookers.com, or tripadvisor.com

Google Toronto and see what catches your fancy.

Comment

Oh, I also meant to ask if anyone knows how far in advance we need to apply for a tourist visa?
        Si tu n'etais pas la
        Je ne connaitrais pas
        Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
        Quand je suis dans tes bras
        Mon coeur joyeux se livre
        Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
        Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

You don't apply for a tourist visa, you just show up and they let you stay for 3 months.

Comment

I've been up to Toronto twice for hockey tournaments. I would definitely say go see the CN tower with your SO. Definitely a neat experience and if one of you is scared of heights it will be a good excuse to be really really close, lol. Literally right next to the tower you can catch a Leafs or Bluejays game. Downtown is cool, lots of good restaurants and stuff there but I didnt spend almost any time there.

Finding myself.

Comment

Aha! I’m from Toronto!
              I think what you should do is spend time in the different neighborhoods. There is lake shore which is obviously home to the CN tower, the ROM is close by as well as the fashion museum. Casa Loma is a 20 min walk (uphill from there as well) I can’t remember which stop you get off at though. There is also the College Street area which is home to many pubs, the University of Toronto and very cool eats. You can also go to little Italy and there are some cool restaurants there with some great shopping.
              Young and Bloor (the Eaton Centre) is more of a shopping hub and has smaller boutiques and creative stores. There is China Town (we have four of them) and Kensington Market which has our Hemp restaurant.

A cool restaurant to go to is the Rain Forest Cafe, The Moven Pick and there are quit a few others... hmm did you just want to stay in Toront? You could also take a bus to Niagara Falls for the day. 

If you see the CN Tower either go REALLY early or just before close.... or you'll be waiting in a long line. I'm talking 9am or you'll be waiting in line for hours.

Comment

Working...
              X