X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flight insurance cheap flights

Hi everyone,

I'm new here.

I was in a two year relationship that ended pretty ugly. it was always a long distance relationship but my girlfriend moved away to school and things got rough. She never really had time for me and new friends = new life. Things din't work out. However we still have a strong connection. It's rough but I can't give up on it. She has asked me to be her valentine and everything.

She wants to come visit me for her spring break. She can't afford it and I would do anything to get her here but i would have to pay for alot of things (round trip flight) from missouri to toronto canada, all our expenses while we are here and a hotel. While she can stay with me I live with my parents (22) and I would rather us have our own privacy.

Does anyone know if places like expedia, red tag etc. have flight insurance just in case i have to cancel her trip? The issue is that her mom said she can come as long as her grades end up being good. She would leave march 3rd but doesnt get her grades until march 1 which could pose a problem..

Thanks for your support.
    anyone have advice?

If she can fly Southwest, I know that you can cancel a flight with them and use the money you originally spent on the flight towards another flight later. I don't know how early you have to cancel the flight to have that work, or if that matters, but, if you can use that airline, it's worth checking in to.

Comment

Thank you so much for the advice I will call them tomorrow as I'm not sure they fly to Toronto. I couldn't select this option on their website.

Comment

Southwest will get her to Buffalo-Niagara International (coded as BUF for airlines when you're looking it up--NOT Niagara Falls Airport. I don't think Southwest even flies there) From there she could take a connecting flight (probably on a different airline) or even a megabus (very cheap, compared to an international flight) to Canada, depending on your area in Toronto. I know the bus systems (megabus and local) around Buffalo very well. I also know that airport entirely too well. I'm there all the time.
        ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
        The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

I'm only 1 hour n half from the boarder so I was thinking of picking her up in buffalo but was worried in case I get held up at customs and am delayed or something

Comment

I'm not too familiar with the crossing over problems. I've only been to Canada once and I walked over the Rainbow bridge. (I go to school literally right over the boarder. I can see Canada out my window) But the Canadians I know who cross the boarder every day for classes have no trouble except for traffic. Depending on your proximity to The Easton Center (megabus drop off) it may be easier time wise for her to cross the boarder.
            ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
            The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

This makes sense thanks. I just don't want to look like I didn't care enough to be right there at the airport waiting for her lol

Comment

She'll probably be too excited about see you to care. The only problem for her might be getting to the bus stop so just try to plan the plane landing and the bus coming with enough of a cushion. Megabus reccomends 15 minutes prior to the departure time as the time to arrive at the departure point. The Buffalo Airport isn't very large (granted I have been there about 14 times the past year and half) but if she doesn't know where to go exactly she'd have to ask. It's just some timing stuff.

I've personally gotten very good at timings. When I go visit my own SO and have to get to the airport I have to take 3 city buses from school to the airport. Or in the case of this upcoming trip 2 and then an 8 hour megabus ride to him.

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

Working...
                X