Never flown by myself :c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never flown by myself :c

Heyy guys, so I'm planning to fly down to Florida (from Ontario, Canada) to visit my SO in December. I'll be flying from Buffalo International Airport because it's infinitely cheaper than trying to fly internationally (from Canada to US). Am I going to get a ton of flak from border patrol for using the airport? Like I have no idea haha I've only ever been on a plane once and I was 9. also I don't know much about the TSA and all that kind of thing, does anyone have any experience? What should I definitely do and definitely NOT do?

Make sure you don't have any liquids like toothpaste or mouthwash in your carry on bag, also make sure you wear as little metal as possible. Less for you to take off at the airport.

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

That's one of "my" airports that I use to fly back and forth between school and home. TSA there is very easy going. And they are more than happy to help you if it's your first time flying. I'm on the US side so I've never had to deal with border patrol, but I've never seen them have a real presence at BUF. I'd recommend you watch and read the tips and stuff that have all over the TSA website. I find it really useful and I've been flying alone for two years now. They explain things better than anyone else.
      ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
      The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

Remember to take off your shoes and jacket in the security line... always take your laptop our of your carry-on bag (if you have a laptop) when you run it through the security scanner... store any liquids in your checked baggage and make sure it falls within the size limitations posted by your airline... don't bring scissors (for some reasons, not all airports have the same scissors policies, even in the same country)... always keep your passport and visa on hand when you go through each station... and if you are unsure of something, don't hesitate to ask someone who works there!
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Just show border control your plane tickets if they ask. If they ask more, just be honest and tell them that it's a lot cheaper to fly out of Buffalo rather than Toronto. I doubt they will mind, you're Canadian!

Comment

You shouldn't have to go through border control, you'll already have done that when you cross over from Canada. You'll just fly domestically like any US citizen would, since you're already in the country. As for the TSA, they're a pain, but just stick to the rules, and you'll be fine, electronics out of your bag and into the plastic tub, remove all metal (don't forget things like earrings and barrettes), no liquid over 3 ounces, in a quart size, clear bag, etc. It's really not that bad, just read up on it beforehand and you'll be fine. You're a Canadian in Buffalo, which isn't exactly a rarity Just relax and enjoy the experience, good luck!
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm sure the Buffalo border guards see Canadians all the time, so you won't stick out too much! When I fly alone I like to wear a money belt...... yes, a bit too much perhaps, but I prefer to take my passport & money with me discreetly when I go to the washroom or I can fall asleep knowing it's safe! (But I may just be paranoid & over-suspicious of my neigbours .)

Comment

Working...
              X