Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ON to OH

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can suggest the best way to travel between Ontario and Ohio, driving obviously makes the most sense but I for whatever reason never got my drivers license. I've looked into travelling by train (VIA Rail and Amtrack), but was met with a very very long wait after I crossed the border having to catch the final train at midnight and not arriving until four or five in the morning. I've also looked into taking a Greyhound bus, this however involved switching busses very often and was anywhere from a nine to a twelve hour long ride. Finally, I have looked into flying. My city has an international airport, but I cannot fly out from there so I would have to either take the bus or train from my city to Toronto and then to Ohio. There is around four to five hours travel time flying, however it will cost between $700 and $800 which is not possible at the moment.

Does anyone have any suggestions for ways I have not looked into yet? Thanks.

What city are you from in Ontario? I'm from Ottawa and what I have done in the past, when my SO lived in Atlanta, is I drove to Syracuse and flew from there. It was WAY cheaper then flying from here. But you have to figure out gas and parking at the airport. Now my SO is in Pennsylvania so its even cheaper cause I can drive. Trains and buses from here are just stupid complicated. I would lean towards driving as the cheaper way. How long is the drive?

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
    Married April 18th, 2015!!
    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I'm in London, as I stated above I cannot drive I don't have my drivers license. Having it would have made this considerably simpler. So I am looking for alternative methods.

Comment

I think you might be out of luck here, sorry about that, I mean what else is there after planes, trains, buses and cars? The only think I can think of is looking at other big bus companies, like Megabus, and see if you can find a better route. Good Luck.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

hey there, i used to live in london im kinda in the same bout but i want to go to oregon. the easist, but not cheapest is to fly, ii have to get to toronto, about 3 hours on the bus then fly out, total will be about 800.00

Comment

Yeah...it's either going to have to be fly, or hope the train out of Buffalo leaves sometime other than midnight.

Comment

The only other idea is if you travel with someone you know and who has a car and split the cost. But you don't really want a tag along on your vists huh. lol Is there anything stoping you from starting the process of getting your license?

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."

Comment

I should consider going through the process again, my guess is they'd be less likely to fail 25 year old me than they were to fail 16 year old me lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyah View Post
                  I should consider going through the process again, my guess is they'd be less likely to fail 25 year old me than they were to fail 16 year old me lol.
                  You'll probably have to do it sooner or later anyway, so this is a good excuse
                  Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Looks like I don't have to worry about getting down there any more, he is coming here! Thanks for your replies

Comment

Aww! That's great news!

Comment

my Grandparents live in Grimsby (near Niagara) and they drive to my aunts house in Canton OH. I would say see if anyone can take you to buffalo, from there you can get pretty cheap tickets to fly the rest of the way via southwest good luck!

Comment

Working...
                        X