Smart to take cash -- or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart to take cash -- or not?

When I go to Canada, by air from Texas USA, should I take some cash with me? Should I convert it to Canadian money first?

I plan on using my credit card and my bank debit card so not sure if I really need cash on hand. Any advice, peoples?
    February 2012 -- met online
    August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
    April 2013 -- met in person
    June 2013 -- broke up
    July 2013 -- back together
    August 2013 -- 2nd visit
    October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
    April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

You can pretty much you credit and debit cards everywhere you go but no matter where I travel I always take a little bit of cash with me. Its handy to have if you need some water from a street vendor or something. I wouldn't take anymore then $100. If you go to your bank you get a slightly better exchange rate then you would at the airport or a currency exchange place.

Comment

Always take cash. When I went to Spain as soon as I got off the plane I stuck my debit card into a machine to buy a metro ticket and IT DIDN'T WORK. I only had about 20euro on me and I was like OH NO!!!!! Luckily, the next day my card worked, but I had to survive an entire day without any money and with the fear that I wouldn't have any!

Comment

The bank fee's are a killer. Of course you want cash with you if you get hungry as Canadian airports (if you have a layover) will only take Canadian currency or credit/debit and while the exchange rate is no issue for you I'm pretty sure there is a few attached to using your card abroad.

I'd take your spending money with you in travellers cheques.

Comment

I always take cash, cash always works in an emergency
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Hmmm........ guess I better get some to take with me then, just in case. Would rather be safe than sorry. Thank you all!
            February 2012 -- met online
            August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
            April 2013 -- met in person
            June 2013 -- broke up
            July 2013 -- back together
            August 2013 -- 2nd visit
            October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
            April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Working...
            X