Carry on bag..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carry on bag..

I'm leaving very early Tuesday morning to visit my SO and I have a question. Can a backpack be used as a carry on bag on a greyhound bus? It is within the size restriction limit, I just don't know if it's acceptable or not (I'm thinking that it should be because luggage, duffel bags, etc are). I've searched online and can't find a definite answer. I've also tried calling the station that I'll be leaving from (a few times) and I never get an answer so I can't ask them. I'm running out of time and don't want to run into any issues when I get there to actually leave. >_<;

I may just try stopping by the station the day before and talking to someone or something.. but I don't know if I'll have time.
    "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
    This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
    Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Buses/Trains are a lot less stringent than airlines. If it fits within the limits (that are rarely/never checked from my experience) then you will be fine. I guarantee that you won't be the only person with a backpack.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
      Buses/Trains are a lot less stringent than airlines. If it fits within the limits (that are rarely/never checked from my experience) then you will be fine. I guarantee that you won't be the only person with a backpack.
      Thank you. ^^

I was originally just going to take one bag but he's wanting me to stay for over a month (and look for a job while there to possibly stay) so everything wouldn't fit into my duffel bag. I'm just needing a place for my laptop, phone, snacks, etc and the backpack is around the right size without me having to go out and buy another bag.
      "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
      This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
      Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

You should be able to! I mean, heck, I used a backpack as a carry-on bag on airlines multiple times, so I wouldn't see why it would be much different on greyhound. I know that when I originally planned to take the bus from here to Toronto, I was going to use a backpack as a carry-on bag. (Though I wimped out because going long distances on greyhound scared me, lol!)

Comment

I've used a backpack as a carry on for Greyhound and Megabus with no problems!

sigpic

Comment

As long as it fits under your seat or on top it won't be a problem. I traveled to see my SO with my laptop and had it right by feet under the bus with me. Just don't forge to take your phone charger with you when you get off the bus to do a transfer. I heard someone complaining that they left theirs on the bus and once it is gone, it is gone. The bus drivers are very clear when you need to take your bags off and when not.

Comment

On Greyhound they don't weigh your carry-on I've noticed,only your bag going underside. I've been on a Greyhound bus a total of 6 times & never have had my carry-on weighed. I carry a messenger back with all of my stuff in it,so like PiedPiper said you shouldn't have any problem carrying a backpack. Just keep it with you at all times and don't let it out of your site.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
              Back Together: August 1,2012
              First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
              Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
              Engaged: January 17,2013
              Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
              Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
              We Got Married! - July 3,2014
              SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
              Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Working...