Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really would rather fly alone but parents wouldnt like it..NC to NM?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really would rather fly alone but parents wouldnt like it..NC to NM?

Okay, so I am considering visiting my SO in a little less than 2 months in NM and I have never flown alone before. Id rather not have to take someone with my cause Ill be staying at his moms house and it'd be uncomfortable for whoever came with me. Is there anyway I can have assistance flying alone to make my parents and my SO more at ease? I just want to have more time with him by myself than make someone feel like a third wheel.

If I remember correctly, you are over 18, right? Listen, flying is not difficult and there are loads of people who work at airports to help you along the way. If it makes them feel better, have your parents walk you through ticketing and right up to security and you SO will be meeting you on the other end. You're going to be fine and your parents need to accept that you're an adult now.

Comment

Do you mind me asking you how old you are? And what kind of assistance are you exactly looking for?

EDIT: If like the above poster said you are above 18, then I have to agree. Flying within the United States is EASY! Especially if your flight is direct. If not, there are always the airline personnel you can ask for help, it's their job to make sure you arrive there in time.
      So, here you are
      too foreign for home
      too foreign for here.
      Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Originally posted by Ejoriah View Post
        Do you mind me asking you how old you are? And what kind of assistance are you exactly looking for?

EDIT: If like the above poster said you are above 18, then I have to agree. Flying within the United States is EASY! Especially if your flight is direct. If not, there are always the airline personnel you can ask for help, it's their job to make sure you arrive there in time.
        Actually... in my experience, the only person responsible for making sure you're at the correct gate at the correct time is you.... not the airline personnel. That being said, though....

Gate agents are typically extremely helpful if you don't know where you are going, or what your next gate is. When I get off the plane for a layover if I don't see a departure/arrivals board right away, I talk to the agent at the gate, they are always able to find out the gate I need to be at and will point me in the right direction.

ETA: Flying alone is not a big deal - I promise. It's a little scary at first, but as long as you're paying attention to the time and your bags, you will be just fine.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Sorry for my poorly worded sentence. Yes, they're not going to physically carry you to your flight or make it wait for you if you're not at the gate, but the entire reason they're there is to help you - to find your way or to reschedule your connection if your previous flight was delayed or something.
          So, here you are
          too foreign for home
          too foreign for here.
          Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Well, why don't you ask your parents to comes with you at the airport until you have to take your plane? I'm 21, and when I went to Cali to meet my SO, I asked my dad to come with me at the airport and help me to find where I had to go. Once you find your gate, there's plenty of people to help you, and even before! I follow the idea of mllebamako, and maybe your parents might feel better if they see you going through security and such without any problems. I understand your parents, as I understand that coming with you to your SO's house would be a weird situation... Be reassuring with them as much as possible!

Comment

It seems to me that it might be time to spread your wings and fly. You've state you're 23 in your multiple past posts. Flying solo isn't really a big deal and if it's your parents who are worried, tell them you're a friggin' adult. If you can read, you can navigate through the airports...

Met: November 19, 2010
              Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
              Made it official: April 29, 2011
              Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
              Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
              Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
              K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
              Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
              Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Captivated View Post
                It seems to me that it might be time to spread your wings and fly. You've state you're 23 in your multiple past posts. Flying solo isn't really a big deal and if it's your parents who are worried, tell them you're a friggin' adult. If you can read, you can navigate through the airports...
                Such a beautiful way with words Captivated hahahaha i love it!!

Comment

although i didnt fly i took greyhound out to see my SO I went alone and it was much more scary due to it took over a day and i was alone for the first time on a bus in many cities i had never seen but you know what i made it through put your foot down that your goin alone just call them at all your stops if you have to so they are kept in the loop.

Comment

Working...
                  X