Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a slight tendency to overpack..how can I minimalize but still have enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a slight tendency to overpack..how can I minimalize but still have enough?

Flying down to New Mexico in 28 days.I’m flying out on July 3rd and will arrive at night time at the airport. I am not completely sure what my boyfriend and his mom will have planned for us to do so I want to make sure I have everything I need in case. I really want to dress cute for my boyfriend but also in good breathable clothing since it’s hot down there. I know that I will pack some cute tanks and of course shorts and sandals but he said he might take me hiking too so I’m guessing I will need some hiking shoes too. I want to pack everything I can into a carryon so I don’t have to register luggage. Also, I will probably be attending church with his mom on Sunday so I think I need to bring some dresses too. Can someone help me? I always have a tendency to over pack too much but I just want to look good and make sure I don’t forget anything.

if you can fitt all that in a carryon i will be very inpressed!!!
    i would take a normale suitecase to, for as far as i know it is not going to cost you extra..

Comment

Most domestic flights I have been on charged extra for luggage ($25 or so) so I can understand wanting to pack everything into a carry on!

My advice would be to bring things that work well together and you can mix and match. For instance, I have a strapless sundress that looks more dressy if I wear a light jacket or button down shirt over it. I don't know how long you're staying down there but generally you can wear bottoms and just mix up what tops you bring.

Also I found that rolling clothes up (as opposed to laying them flat in the carry on) saves some space. I've also used vacuum bags (where you put things in a bag and then get the air out of it so everything is "tight") to fit everything into one suitcase. If you look online for tips on packing you might be able to bring a little bit extra
      So, here you are
      too foreign for home
      too foreign for here.
      Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

My biggest problem is that I wear 75% of the clothes I have so when I'm packing I leave behind the 25% of the stuff I don't wear plus the out of season stuff but I bring everything else. So I end up with a bunch of stuff I usually wear but don't end wearing on vacation for whatever reason. I just packed for a 3 month stay with my SO and I brought one week worth of shirts plus tank tops and such and that made closing my suitcase a breeze. I'll just be doing a decent amount of laundry.

My suggestion is to leave behind some of your good clothes and safe them for the next visit.

How are you going to bring all your liquids in the carry on? Do you have everything in tiny bottles?
        Our Story
        Met on www.chat-avenue.com on December 27, 2010
        Met in person on Decemeber 29, 2010
        Long distance from Jan 2011-March 2013
        Lived an hour away from each other March 2013-June 2013
        Living together June 2013 -August 2013!
        Long distance from Sept 2013 - unknown

Living happily in a monagmish relationship since December 29, 2010

Comment

I wasnt sure if i was going to bring my shampoos or not. I could just buy some down there or buy the travel size stuff and put it in a ziplock bag. Im not sure

Originally posted by Rosalynn View Post
          My biggest problem is that I wear 75% of the clothes I have so when I'm packing I leave behind the 25% of the stuff I don't wear plus the out of season stuff but I bring everything else. So I end up with a bunch of stuff I usually wear but don't end wearing on vacation for whatever reason. I just packed for a 3 month stay with my SO and I brought one week worth of shirts plus tank tops and such and that made closing my suitcase a breeze. I'll just be doing a decent amount of laundry.

My suggestion is to leave behind some of your good clothes and safe them for the next visit.

How are you going to bring all your liquids in the carry on? Do you have everything in tiny bottles?

Comment

Working...
          X