Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travelling from the USA to the UK - best time to buy tickets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travelling from the USA to the UK - best time to buy tickets?

Next summer (July 2014), my boyfriend, Austin, will be travelling from West Virginia to London. And we have been discussing for a while when would be the best and cheapest time to buy tickets. Any advice?
    sigpic
    A red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break.

First met online: September 2011
    Got together: 5th March 2012
    First met in person: 2nd July 2014
    Next time we will be together: Christmas 2014

If you buy the ticket further in advance, it's usually cheaper. Summer tickets tend to be a bit pricey, so I would suggest looking at ticket options asap

Comment

I've found that April and October to be the cheapest times...check sites like TripAdvisor to alert you when they drop prices.

Met: November 19, 2010
      Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
      Made it official: April 29, 2011
      Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
      Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
      Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
      K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
      Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
      Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

There is never a good time to buy tickets, because no matter when you buy it there will always be a better deal sometime in the near future. Buy when you think the price seems reasonable and don't check prices again after you've purchased.

Comment

It's also cheaper to fly during the first couple days of the week (Mon-Weds).
          Tickets are usually cheapest on Mondays.
          As others have said before, the earlier you book it.. the cheaper it gets!
          What I do is subscribe to the alerts on ticket websites (like Travelocity, Flighthub, Kayak, etc.) and they'll send you alerts every two days or so of the prices for the ticket so that you can keep tabs on it.
          [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
          became official: 28.03.11
          first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
          second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
          our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
          third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
          fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
          surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
          viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
          jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
          my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

When my s/o and I were long distance kayak was my best friend as they can alert you as to when the best time would be to buy tickets. I've also used them for international travel as well.

Comment

I'd normally say the earlier the better BUT on my flight back to Canada and now for Christmas to the UK we snagged some insane deals by waiting....

Comment

Working...
              X