Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying from US to Ottawa vs. Toronto - help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My layovers have usually been about 2 hours. I though about that last night, as you said, choose a flight with longer layovers.

I looked into the Nexus card also, but would have to fly to New York for the interview and I can't afford that.
    February 2012 -- met online
    August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
    April 2013 -- met in person
    June 2013 -- broke up
    July 2013 -- back together
    August 2013 -- 2nd visit
    October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
    April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Yeah, unless I'm super familiar with the airport (LAX, ATL, LAS) or I know it's a fairly small airport, I never have less than a 2 hour layover. And that's domestic. I'm flying back up in April, but like I said, going to Buffalo to save on the HST and such added to the ticket. I had the choice to go through Chicago with a one hour layover or Newark with a 2 hour layover. I'm not THAT familar with O'Hare to feel comfortable with an one hour layover. I took the two hour layover through Newark. Yes, I'll probably being sitting around for 90 minutes. But that means I won't miss my connecting flight unless there are weather/mechanical issues.

I'd feel comfortable with a 3-4 hour layover in your case.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

The first time I went I had a 2 1/2 hour layover and plenty of time -- no problem -- and that was on a Saturday evening. The airport wasn't busy at all.

My second trip was on a Sunday, 2 hour layover and loooooooong lines at customs so it took just about every minute of it.

This time I'll have checked luggage so that takes even longer. I'll get through it, just need to quit fretting about it.

My biggest worry is how disappointed he would be if I did miss my plane. He'll be waiting for me at 1 am and won't know I missed it until he sees that I didn't get off the plane!
        I'd feel horrible for him!
        February 2012 -- met online
        August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
        April 2013 -- met in person
        June 2013 -- broke up
        July 2013 -- back together
        August 2013 -- 2nd visit
        October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
        April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Working...
        X