Airline rewards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airline rewards?

Anyone have a recommendation on which airline is best for reward miles?

I have been looking to see if there are any credit cards with good mile rewards, there are a bunch out there... may want to look into that as well if you haven't already!

Met in July 2006
    Dated very briefly in November 2006
    Reconnected in July 2011
    Something changed in August 2013
    He visited in November 2013
    I traveled in November 2013
    I visit in February 2014

Comment

So far the best I've found is delta.

Comment

I have a capital one venture card and I get two miles per dollar I think it's the only card that offers that. But it has a ridiculous membership fee of $90 I think. I like it cause you can use it for any airline.

Try to find one that has a promotion for so many miles when you apply and spend so much in the first few months if you can. I got 10000 with my card. That's $100 off a ticket.

Comment

I have American Express cards because you can keep them as points until you find the best deal each time and then transfer them over to that Airline. I did move mine all over to BA for a double your miles promotion, but that was by choice to get an extra flight out of it. I then use my American express cards to pay every bill I can so that I can build the points up for things that already have to be paid for.
          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It really depends on what works for you. I use United's MileagePlus program. They have partnerships with other airlines, so even when I had to fly US Airways for work, I could get credit for those flights on United.

I was also able to join a few different survey panels and have credits for taking surveys put into the United program. Between flights and surveys, I earned a one way ticket to my SO in April. Only had to pay $120 for the one way ticket home. And based on surveys and points, I already have 4000 miles earned for my next trip in November. The programs I am in for that are MyPoints (which anyone can join), E-Miles (which United invited me to), Opinion Miles Club (which United invited me to) and E-Rewards (which I was originally invited by IHG Hotels but found I could use the points for United, and United has sent me a separate invite to join since)

Another thing you may want to check out, if you travel for business or you're going to be staying in a hotel with your SO is Rocketmiles. They give you frequent flyer miles based on hotel stays. And depending on the hotel program, you may still get reward points in the hotel loyalty program. I do with IHG.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I use the American Express Delta Miles card. AMEX is pretty good to its customers (they've informed me automatically when suspicious activity pops up) and the airline rewards are really pretty decent through them (plus I get 1 checked bag free domestic and 2 international with the card).
              When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
              no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

I prefer American Airlines AAdvantage miles, I have delta as well but they've really messed up their reward miles system, so it takes more miles to use for travel then it used to (so i'm using my miles for a few nights in a hotel on my next trip haha). I'm a bit biased as my dad worked for american and I earn double miles every time i fly with them (since i can't use the family travel rewards anymore).

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

I fly alot for business and I found AirTran to be the easiest in earning free flights.

Comment

Working...
                  X