Has anyone used Priceline before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone used Priceline before?

Good experiences? Bad experiences? Just curious.

I've had a reasonably good experience with them. However, I like to pull up all the travel sites at once (priceline, expedia, travelocity, hotwire, etc) and see who'll give me the best deal. I don't have a preference for one over the other.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

I generally find the best prices with Travelocity.com and Expedia.com. My SO and I are lucky in that she lives near Dallas/Fort Worth and that airport is the home of American Airlines. Might be useful to do a little research and figure out what airlines have the highest profile or traffic out of a given airport and check out prices that way.
      I'm carrying your love with me.
      West Virginia down to Tennessee.
      I'll be movin' with the good Lord's speed.
      Carrying your love with me.
      It's my strength for holdin' on,
      Every minute that I have to be gone.
      I'll have everything I ever need.
      Carrying your love with me.

~George Strait

Comment

I have used them repeatedly for hotel reservations, but not for flights. I have only had one issue with a hotel room, as it had flooded, but I was upgraded to a nicer hotel by the hotel itself.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
        And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauntedpoet View Post
          I have used them repeatedly for hotel reservations, but not for flights. I have only had one issue with a hotel room, as it had flooded, but I was upgraded to a nicer hotel by the hotel itself.
          Same thing..have used for hotel rooms...and had great experiences.
          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I have used priceline a lot. And I used their "name your own price" option and got tickets for very cheap (the only minus was that my flights were very early in the morning)

Comment

I've used priceline once or twice before, with the "name your own price" option. Good price, but the downside was the timing. I was going to be gone over a long weekend planned to leave Friday night and come back Monday afternoon/evening). I ended up leaving Saturday afternoon and catching a 6am flight back Monday. So unless your schedule is flexible (or really, really a morning person), it may not be the best option to do the "name your own price" thing.
              LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
              Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
              Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

I've used Priceline multiple times for various business and personal trips and found their prices to be very reasonable. I would also reiterate the suggestion made by Will to find out which airlines fly most often out of the airports you're interested in and search for flights that way.

Comment

Working...
                X