Advice to pass the time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice to pass the time?

I see a lot of people mentioning how to get where, but does anyone have an advice on how to pass the time before you see eachother again? I find myself constantly texted, skyping, or saying over the phone "I miss you and can't wait to see you." That's got to get annoying, and I'm even getting annoyed of hearing myself saying it. We're down to 36 days and I feel like it's just dragging on....

Just keep yourself occupied so you don't think about it too much. Watch movies, bum the internet, walk the mall, just generally go out and maybe window shop. If you have any hobbies try investing time in them. Simple things to keep you from gnawing your nails off in anticipation. Do individual activities or go out with friends.

Comment

Hi! Welcome to the forums

I think this should be in the Long Distance Relationships forum...

This forum is meant for travel advice concerning North America

Have you looked at the list of 96 things for LDR couples to do?

Also, check out the "Things For LDR Couples To Do" forum - there's plenty of suggestions in there too

I'm sure you can find plenty of ideas there to keep you both entertained until your next visit
      In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
      Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
      Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
      My dog Sam ♥

Comment

I would recommend doing things to keep yourself busy so you have things to talk about. Read books, attend concerts or other events - almost all cities, large or small, have free/cheap events you can attend. Keep living your life.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I have to agree with everyone else and keep yourself busy. Go to the movies or the mall. Hangout with some friends. Just try to keep your mind occupied.

Comment

Not everyone may agree with me...I'm not even sure I agree with me and I'm doing it!

If you can get a second job. Even if its part time. It fills your hours quicker than you'd imagine and it means you have extra money to do stuff for/with your honey when you see them.

Yeah its knackering but when you finally flop down into bed and realise "Hey another whole weeks gone - when did that happen?!" Its so worth it.

I try not to let this cut into our time together or time spent with friends etc and I do get really tired but for me personally its really worth it and helps the time go so much faster.

We're on 84 days....I hope havnt jinxed myself! :P
            Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

I went through the same problem you are going through right now, and like everyone has said keep your occupied. Find new hobbies, get a second job, hang out with old friends you haven't hung out with in a while, call your Grandparents, etc. After all that, you are going to be so busy and tried to the point you won't be missing your SO as badly as before. I hope that helped :]

Comment

I have taken up a second on-campus job. I am slowly getting back into crocheting. I am *trying* to throw myself into schoolwork (I'm not too fond of my classes this semester...). My SO is purchasing an e-reader for me next month as an early Christmas gift so I'm looking forward to that! I will be gobbling up books by the day! I've gotten heavily back into journaling.

Like everyone has said, keep busy! Get into a tv show, read books, hang out with friends, throw yourself into work/school, etc!

Comment

When it gets really close for me, I try to keep myself busy by going out with my friends or working more. You can give time to your friends while making time go by faster. Usually what I'll do like a week or a few days before my SO arrives is I'll get a bunch of laundry and cleaning done to pass the time and prepare.

Comment

Working...
                  X