It's been a long time since I flew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a long time since I flew

This may sound like a daft question, but I can't remember.
    I'm flying to the US in about 3 weeks, and I am trying to work out currency. When I'm on the plane there from England, will I have to pay for things in British Pounds, or US Dollars? Does it change part way through? I'll be getting both anyway, but I wanted to get a better idea.

I never bought anything on a plane...my meals were included in fare, and you can bring certain snacks in your carry-on. I would assume anything on a plane is very overpriced anyway.
    sigpic

Comment

Also, all planes I've been on don't accept cash for transactions. From your wording ('getting both') it seems you're talking about cash, so be careful about that.

Other than that I'm sorry I'm no help, like autumn1790 I've never bought anything during transatlantic flights because my meals were included in the fare. I'm too poor to shop the duty free in flight :P
      So, here you are
      too foreign for home
      too foreign for here.
      Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Originally posted by Ejoriah View Post
        Also, all planes I've been on don't accept cash for transactions. From your wording ('getting both') it seems you're talking about cash, so be careful about that.

Other than that I'm sorry I'm no help, like autumn1790 I've never bought anything during transatlantic flights because my meals were included in the fare. I'm too poor to shop the duty free in flight :P
        So the long haul flight to the US might not even accept cash? Never been on a plane that didn't take cash before. I didn't know that was even a thing.
        I won't be doing duty free either. But being on a flight for 11 hours, I don't know what the food situation is like. So I'm trying to plan for the unknown again.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantic Crossroads View Post
          So the long haul flight to the US might not even accept cash? Never been on a plane that didn't take cash before. I didn't know that was even a thing.
          I won't be doing duty free either. But being on a flight for 11 hours, I don't know what the food situation is like. So I'm trying to plan for the unknown again.
          It should say on your itinerary if meals are included.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by autumn1790 View Post
            It should say on your itinerary if meals are included.
            Yes, it is. I did look up each of the airlines regarding food and drink, and all three of them do include meals and snacks on their long haul flights. I'm very relieved, as that means I don't need to worry about it anymore.
            There are so many unknowns in this whole thing, but hopefully future visits should be less stressful.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantic Crossroads View Post
              When I'm on the plane there from England, will I have to pay for things in British Pounds, or US Dollars?
              I guess it depends on the airline you're taking, but it should take both currencies. Also, I think you also can pay with a card if needed.

Comment

Its been a long time since I flew

I can get Jeff my bff with the cobalt ss to come too. Ill go post this on the other forumsEDIT: okay its on 9thgencorolla, newcelica thnx BC and MO.

Comment

Working...
                X