No Good Travel Methods :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Good Travel Methods :(

My boyfriend and I live close enough, only 7 and a half hours away. But there's not any good ways to travel to each other.
    There are no good Amtrak routes, we would have to break it up into 2 seperate days or we would be on the train all day long and the closest Amtrak train to me is still 2 hours away.
    I haven't looked into the Greyhound yet, but it doesn't sound too promising either.
    Then I looked at flights and its going cost a minimum of $250 to fly from Chicago to here and about $300 dollars to fly from there to here. And then its another 2 and a half hour drive from Chicago to his house. (And yes I have looked at discount sites).
    My mom and my boyfriend don't want me driving the distance (at least not in the very beginning) but I don't know if I have any other choices right now. I'm suppose to go visit him and meet his family from November 24th - 27th and I have no idea how to get there. I'm going look at Greyhound and I hope its a lot more promising then my other options.

I have no idea if you're anywhere near their route, but is a Megabus near you? https://us.megabus.com/routemap.aspx
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Nope, but there are Greyhounds around me and around him so they may be a good option. I found a round trip through Greyhound for $160. I have a little time so hopefully I can kind something. Thanks a bunch though.

Comment

$160 seems rather reasonable. How much would it cost to drive? There's always google maps n directions
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I would also look into the cost of driving yourself. A 7 1/2 hour drive is a bit long, but doable in one day. I did it all the time when I was in college. (I went to school 8 hours away from my parents.) 2 tanks of gas will most likely run you less than the bus ticker.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

I take a bus to see Frank. I have a car and can drive, but to me spending the extra $20 to take the bus instead of driving is worth it in my opinion. I feel a lot safer being on a bus than driving myself 5 hours down to see him.
            Read my LDR story!
            Facebook
            Instagram

Comment

My SO is 7 hours away and I spend 125 in gas for both ways....I also have the kids as a passenger...if I could get that price on a bus ticket...I would...driving is stressful to me...but I do it..
              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
              X