Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How soon to start looking for Christmas season ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How soon to start looking for Christmas season ticket?

My SO and I have discussed flying me out to see him sometime during my Christmas break--but I am not sure of the exact dates. I do not want to bring it up right now because I know he is a little tight on money, but I don't want us to wait too long where skyrocket and they leave our price range.

Right now, there are some flights at the very beginning of January that are only $222, which I think is pretty reasonable. Any ideas on how long they will remain in that price range? >.<

Hmmm hard to say. Obviously that time of year is an expensive time to fly. But it really depends on supply and demand so it can change daily. For instance, I bought my tickets for December last week because I noticed they started going up. Sign up for weekly alerts via www.kayak.com or check prices every week.

Comment

My dad (he works for an airline company) suggests that if you're planning on flying over the Christmas holiday/season the best time to book your ticket is around Halloween as the airlines aren't going to be adding flights for the holiday season (Thanksgiving and Christmas).

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

It's going to start going up as soon as November 1st hits. I encourage you to get it sorted and reserve this week if possible, because the price will zoom up.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Oh, and it's also a good idea ot keep semi flexible on dates as the date you fly can greatly drop the cost.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Working...
          X