Help me pick an "Airline Miles" program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me pick an "Airline Miles" program

Once I move, the airport I will be flying out of mainly has Delta and Airtran flights. I've looked at Delta's SkyMiles program, and AirTran's A+ Rewards, and I can't decide.

Which should I go with? Which program do you/ have you used? Opinions?
    Delta SkyMiles
    71.43%
    AirTran A+ Rewards
    14.29%
    Neither. They're both terrible.
    14.29%
    LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
    Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
    Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Well, I don't personally use either. I've only flown once and that was to and from my SO it was out of Canada, so I flew Air Canada. Jason flew Delta and says he loved it.

Comment

I have Delta Sky miles, the rewards are nice and if you save up enough, you can get a free flight (i'm almost at a free round trip ticket to Chile or Canada). I don't fly delta much (since I usually just fly through my dad who works at American lol), but I still earn miles online.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Actually, AirTran was just bought out by Southwest. You will want to see how Southwest will convert that program as part of the merger.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I have Delta Sky Miles and I really like it so far. I am travelling a lot (I earned more than 25.000 miles last year) so it's really useful for me and they have really good awards (flight tickets, boradway tickets etc(

Comment

I've used e-miles which transfer for continental airlines, and i seem to be getting miles fairly quickly by doing surveys. BUT I haven't used any of my miles or transfered them so i don't actually know if they will work or anything lol. I kinda get the impression they're supposed to be for people in the US only but I thought it was worth a try!

Comment

ok... I'm partial to this question... only because I work for Delta Air Lines.... I'm a former employee of Northwest Airlines... I also happen to work in the SkyMiles Program department.... it's all about personal preference really in what you are looking for in any airline program... almost all airlines will have a similar promotional offer... only difference between them and Delta... is... Delta has adapted their program to never allow members to have expired miles... so your miles stay with you... American, Continental... etc... their programs all have expiration dates for expiring mileage that you've earned by flying on them! So-- not to promote... research your avenues with each program... and compare partnerships with other airlines... see what's out there... good luck and safe travels!

Comment

Also, I notcied you 're in Flroida, if you bank with Suntrust, you can get a Delta Skymiles debit card so every time you use it as a credit you get a mile for every dollar you spend. That helps ALOT for getting miles quickly and on stuff you buy everyday. There is also a site called emiles and if you answer qeustions and stuff you get 5-10 miles per survey thing you complete for Delta. Helps me tons for getting flights to Baltimore

Comment

Working...
                X