Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Southwest Airlines Frequent Flyer Program is prettttty good!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southwest Airlines Frequent Flyer Program is prettttty good!!

Just joined up for SW's frequent flyer program - if you fly 8 round trips in a 24 consecutive month period, you get a free round trip. Plus they offere companion airfare vouchers! Nice deal and quite attainable....and the BIG plus is BAGS FLY FREE! LOL

I agree, I joined not to long ago and I'm working on my 2nd round trip (this Saturday!)
    Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

I thought about joining, until I saw that they didn't fly close to where I fly too. (To make a note about the free bags, the merger they just went through with AirTran says that they may charge for bags once all of the changes are complete.)

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

That would be an awful marketing move...especially since they push it so extensively!! They just recently started flying from my location to his...and are adding additional flights in March...so, maybe they'll branch out your way!

Comment

AS you can see by my signature, Southwest is my preferred carrier. They have an amazing frequent flier program. Also of note, you can cancel a ticket and reuse the funds for another flight with in a year of purchase without additional charges. That has saved my SO and I huge amounts of money when we needed to change plans. I had previously flown other airlines before I met her, and there were several time when I made ticket changes that ended up costing me several hundred dollars. That or I my previous ticket was only worth $10 or $20 towards the new fare. Anyway...

I would also like to point out that they have very responsive customer service. If you write them a letter -- as I have done -- you will get a personalized response.

In response to your worries about them charging bag fees after the merger, I would recommend that you check out their information site about the merger at https://www.lowfaresfarther.com/what...ans/customers/. Specifically they say:
          As you know, Southwest does not charge a bag fee for the 1st or 2nd checked bag. AirTran charges $20 for the 1st checked bag, $25 for the 2nd, and $50 for additional bags. Upon full integration, it is our intent to have a consistent product offering. It is our intent that the bag fees would not be part of that product.
          Glad to hear you guys have chosen Southwest. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

ANd you'd think I work for them or something with all of my positive PR, but I don't. I'm just amazingly happy with them for their small part in making my LDR successful.

Comment

I for one am a HUGE fan of Southwest.

My boyfriend & I have been loyal to them for 7 years. (if we ever had to do another airline for money purposes.. we always were very unhappy). Southwest is definitely the way to go! Plus I have a HUGE fear of flying and southwest does direct flights to my man lol so it makes it short and quick.

Southwest ALL THE WAY

Comment

Working...
            X