Charlotte, North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlotte, North Carolina

I will be going to Charlotte, NC next month. I'm super excited!!!

Does anyone know of any nice, but inexpensive hotels & fun things to do there?

TIA!!!
    Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

I'm from north carolina!!! I haven't been to Charlotte since I was a little kid, but I remembered really loving discovery place and the NC raptor center
    I dunno if those would be little kid things now though >.<
    But if you're a science person or an animal person you may like them...here I'll put the links so you can check it out!

https://www.discoveryplace.org/
    https://www.carolinaraptorcenter.org/

Comment

I'm from NC too=) Unfortunately, I have never really visited Charlotte (aside from the MAC pool for swim meets hehe). I would just search around the internet for things to do. They have a big mall, which I have been to but I don't really like malls so it kind of sucked for me. I'm pretty sure the Lowes Motor Speedway is there (if you're into NASCAR), and also an amusement park-- Carowinds, which may or may not be open during this time of year.

https://www.charlottesgotalot.com/
      www.CharlotteCultureGuide.com

Good luck!

Comment

My school is only twenty minutes away from Charlotte ^^; My SO and I went to the Mint Museum our last visit and it was really fun The malls there are really nice too. There are three main ones, The Northlake mall, the Concord Mills Mall (it looks like an amusement park inside), and the South Park Mall (which is basically for rich people but it is fun shopping there. It also has the Cheesecake Factory in it, which is expensive but completely worth it). You should check out the Charlotte tourism site too. It might give you some ideas.

If you are wanting to go clubbing or dancing, there are a ton of places for that. I have always wanted to go to the Breakfast Club (an eighties club), but we haven't gotten around to it yet. If you are into music, you could also check out the website for either Amos's Southend, Tremont, or the Filmore to see if there are any shows that you want to see.

Are you going there to visit your SO?

Edit:
        @Lucybelle: Carowinds is definitely closed right now. It is too cold! But if you ever come back during the spring or summer it is really fun
        Last edited by Bluestars; December 16, 2010, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Hi Luna_banana, Lucybelle, & Bluestars. Thank you all so much for the information and well wishes. I appreciate it. I ordered a visitor's guide yesterday.

@ Bluestars Yes, I am going to see (and meet for the FIRST time) my S/O. I'm so happy, excited and NERVOUS. It's been a long time coming. I'm looking forward to it. We won't have much time together, but I will surely treasure every second.

Thanks again everyone.
          Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Comment

Good luck! I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Comment

Thank you Luna_banana....I surely will!!!!!

Comment

Hope that you guys have fun! Take lots of pictures...and bring a lot of winter clothing because it will be cold when you come!

Oh! And you guys could also check out Lake Norman! It is not too far from Charlotte and there are a lot of small, nice towns surrounding the area. Davidson and Huntersville are very quaint

Comment

Thanks so much Bluestars. I'm a bunch of nerves already. It will be a quick and short trip, but I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Niecey View Post
                    Thanks so much Bluestars. I'm a bunch of nerves already. It will be a quick and short trip, but I'm looking forward to it!
                    Did you find a good hotel? Can you tell me what neighborhood you need to be near?

For Example: I live in the Carmel area near Matthews, there's Dilworth, University, Southpark, Uptown... If you can narrow down where you would like to stay I will be able to recommend a decent priced CLEAN hotel. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do NOT get a hotel near the airport. It is dangerous, overpriced, and there is nothing to eat.

Comment

Hey Nikki, thanks for the info. I will inbox you.

Comment

I know this is kind of late but I'm a Charlotte girl through and through! I live about 15 minutes from uptown. Honestly if you want to do it right, stay somewhere uptown. You'd be surprised how good the rates are for a great hotel. You can usually stay at the Omni, Holiday Inn, Courtyard and a few others (that are SUPER nice) for under $100/night. You would probably pay the same or maybe more to stay on the outskirts of the city and uptown is where its at. Museum of the New South is a great place to go uptown, there's awesome nightlife...we have a new thing called the Epicenter with tons of cool bars and restaurants. Nascar hall of fame is uptown or you could catch an event at the Bobcats arena. And there's a train so you won't have to drive anywhere. Hope you love it here as much as I do!

Comment

Working...
                        X