Baggage, Baggage, Baggage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baggage, Baggage, Baggage!

Ok so I'm going to visit my SO in late March. I usually travel with a carry-on because it's much easier, but this time around I'm on a lot more medications so I'm checking a bag. I have several medical issues (disfunctional colon, disfunctional kidneys, knee dislocations, to name a few) so I have a lot of pills and a few patches and a couple liquids / powders prescribed to me. Will my suitcase be thoroughly examined, as well as myself, in security because of this? I mean, it's nothing illegal of course -- all prescription and OTC medications -- but there's a lot lol. I don't want to go through security unprepared.

Are you saying that your meds will be in your carry-on luggage or checked luggage? (I got confused)

- If it's carry-on: shouldn't be a problem, although I would bring all of the prescriptions just in case.
    - If it's checked: they probably won't even see it. Bag searches are done randomly so they could search your bag even if you didn't have meds in it.

Don't worry about it, they are used to seeing lots of medications. But if it's something that *can* be used illegally like Oxycontin or something, just bring the prescription.

Comment

If they're prescriptions, make sure they're in your name and in the prescription bottles, and you're fine. TSA lists prescriptions as one of the things who's fine.

Think of this another way: there are many, many retirees with a gamut of health problems who are frequent fliers, and they and their medication make it through just find.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

They are fine in your carry on like Silvar said, they need to be in the original bottles, with the prescription information on it and your name (label). The most they would do in security is pull you over to the side, search your bag and just ask you about the medication.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Ok, thanks everyone! And to clear up the confusion, all the medications are primarily going to remain in my checked bag. Only things going in my carry-on are my arthritis medications and pain pills (just below narcotic level so I don't think they could be used illegally like Oxycontin). Thanks again Sounds like security will be a piece of cake :P

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah9908 View Post
            Ok, thanks everyone! And to clear up the confusion, all the medications are primarily going to remain in my checked bag. Only things going in my carry-on are my arthritis medications and pain pills (just below narcotic level so I don't think they could be used illegally like Oxycontin). Thanks again Sounds like security will be a piece of cake :P
            As long as you avoid fluids in your carry-on and don't have metal on you while going through the gates...

Have a great time.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Working...
            X