ROAD TRIPS and dorm life!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROAD TRIPS and dorm life!

I'm going on a 360 mile road trip in about 3 weeks to go visit my boyfriend up at college! It's going to be such an awesome trip and I can't wait to see him and meet the people on his floor! I've heard so much about them. I'm going to be driving myself up, but following my dad and his fiance up there and they're going to "get lost" in the main city for the weekend lol. It's a 7 hour trip, so what should I know about these long road trips? xD I've only been a passenger. I'll be in my car by myself, so I can't be entertained by anyone else while I drive...should I bring CD's with me? I have satellite radio, so I have about 200 radio stations to choose from lol. Also, has anyone here ever lived in a college dorm before? I live at home and commute to my college every day, so I have ZERO experience in a dorm. I'm going to send my boyfriend a FB private message asking for the ins and outs regarding specifics to his school. I don't feel comfortable posting which school he goes to out of respect for his privacy. If you have lived in a dorm before, what should I know just in general about dorm life? I told my boyfriend to remind his roommate I'm going to be coming, but I'll remind him again before I leave for my trip because that'd be super awkward if his roommate didn't know I'd be staying there for 2 nights. xD Anyway, any advice would be appreciated! =] Thank you!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Going on my experiences at my college, I'd say expect it to be noisy and to get zero privacy. But it depends on the school. I went to more of a party college and the girls in my quad thoroughly enjoyed getting drunk and high from Thursday to Sunday. We had communal showers which I think is the norm at colleges, so be prepared for that. The beds are extremely uncomfortable and small (I swear it's like some sort of miniature twin size at my school) it can be difficult to fit two people on them lol. Hm.... that's all I can think of off the top of my head. It really does depend on the school because I've stayed with other friends at other colleges and had a much more pleasant experience. (They had a nicer budget than my college, but was also like twice the cost)

Comment

Thanks for replying. He lives on a special interest floor, and from what he's told me, it's by no means a party school and they basically just play video games or write code or things like that all night lol. The beds shouldn't really be an issue, but I don't know exactly where I'll be sleeping yet. His roommate brought a futon, which he sleeps on, leaving an empty bed, which I may end up usurping depending on the space lol.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Comment

if he doesn't live on a Co-ED floor (boys and girls) regardless make sure he shows you where the bathroom/showers are located; so that your not stumbling around later when it's late.... and then trying to ask for directions... also a good idea to bring flip-flops for the bathroom; most college students wear them even in the shower! When my roommate and I had company, we always would borrow the extra mattresses that were not being used and put them on the floor for a sleep over party... bring your own pillow and towels for the shower... make sure you have enough cash for the vending machines or soda-- sometimes the cafeteria on campus isn't always open when you need a drink! out side of that... just make sure you bring your camera! be a pic diva for the weekend and have fun!

Comment

Great advice! Thank you! He does live on a co-ed floor, though the guys outnumber girls big time lol. I think there's about 60 people on floor, 10 are girls. I shall definitely bring flip flops. They have an extra mattress because his roommate sleeps on the futon, so we're set with extra beds if need be. I'll DEFINITELY have my camera with me! xD If I forgot that, I'd literally make the 7 hour drive to get it and come back! LOL

Comment

oh... one more thing... bring something that you plan to leave there... like a sweatshirt with your perfume on it or something... will drive him crazy as soon as it hits him your gone! Or you can swap pillows... make sure to grab something of his if he lets you... if you have time--- make something, ie. a fleece tie blanket or pillow case (if you can sew) that you can personalize with fabric paint! I made both for my SO and actually made my pillow case out of 1-2 old Sweatshirts/tee shirts of mine!!!

Comment

Awww that's a great idea! Thanks! Yeah, it'll be ~2 months until we see each other after that visit (he'll be coming home for the summer!) so it'll be a rough time for both of us. That would probably help him a lot...I want one of his t-shirts, but if not, I have a stick of the same deodorant he uses, which I smell when I miss him and I put it on a pillow I sleep with every night so it smells like him.

Comment

Working...
              X