Going to Puerto Vallarta! Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to Puerto Vallarta! Advice?

So I talked to The Boy tonight about the fact I want to go somewhere this summer, preferable with him, and eventually we decided to go on an all-inclusive vacation to Mexico at the end of August! We'll probably go to Puerto Vallarta because it seems to be the most affordable place. And yes, we know it's going to be hideously stinking hot, but that's the only time that really works for both of us.

Anywho, I was wondering if any of you have been there before? Any recommendations for places to stay, things to see, stuff to avoid, anything like that? T'would be much appreciated.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
    -- Anonymous

just be extremely careful~ I live on the border of it and its not the best place to be in some areas :/ but Hope yall have loads of fun!!!
    "taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
    Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Comment

Ok so being that im Mexican XD i'll give you some thoughts, dont worry about the whole drug war...during the peak times of tourism theres alot of security, NEVER give in to what a cop tells you to do...ok so wat im trying to say is that dont bribe them even if they try to ask for money lol

also...i've never been to Puerto Vallarta but from what i've heard is that its beautiful, and if you can go to the outskirts of town, or to other places nearby. Its pretty easy to travel to the D.F and go to the zoo. Its called el Zoologico de Chapultepec...and theres a carnival..well more like a SIX flags except its called La Feria de Chapultepec and its cheap, you can get a pass to go on all the rides for like $15...it has over 60 rides...so its a good deal. I plan on going there this summer with my SO ^-^

and...if you want to save money...try to go to the stores that are not designed for tourists...everything gets expensive! Try to go to a mercado where they sell just about anythin and everything for a cheaper price ^-^

Google is also a good tool XD

Comment

okay, so yea, agree with lovemnmz! First off, the boarder is 60 miles on either side of that lovely fence that separates the two countries. The boarder does not consist of the entire country of Mexico! I'd suggest keeping your money with you at all times, and if your hotel has a safe, keep your passports and credit cards there, just like ANY large/touristy city in the world, petty theft is always a problem. The only people I remember from college getting in trouble (i lived in San Diego at the time and Tijuana is super close) were the ones with the almighty american arrogance, and sense of being invisible and above the law. You have to respect the fact that you are in another country, common sense that most of us I am sure have ^^I agree I wouldn't trust the cops either. However, if you are where you are supposed to be, and are being respectful of the city your in, I don't see why you would see a cop! You'll also be near (geographically) to Guadalajara which a big city, and beautiful so if you wanted to see that, you could. I say geographically because I dont know what the terrain/roads are like, so even if its geographically close, it could take 5 or 6 hours, but in Puerto, there should be little tourist offices that offer different tours near the area, and most hotels work with specific tourist offices, so just ask the front desk

Comment

Working...
        X