He applied for his visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He applied for his visa

He applied for his visa to come visit me for almost a month... hasn't gone into the interview yet, but I'm curious, what does he need to bring or know? What kind of questions do they ask? Any information will hopefully ease my racing brain!!

He will be traveling from Brazil to California (hopefully July1st-29th) if that helps any!! Thank you ahead of time!

oh, and if we ever plan to apply for the K1 in the distant future, what do we need to have (proof wise, at least from a visit...)

For the K1: Just a stamp in your passport and plane tickets to prove you've met each other in the last 2 years. Visas are such a pain. ):

I don't know about the visitor visa because I've only entered the US through the visa waiver program so I haven't had to apply or interview for one.

Comment

D:
      Stupid boy has me stressed out now...
      Hes getting a b1/b2 visa and saying he is traveling to Georgia... uhhhhhh but he thinks that its not a problem and he can travel wherever even to California while using this visa... but I have a feeling hes wrong and hes being stupid about it by lying... >.< "they have nothing to do with my ticket, just the visa itself" OHHHHH because you've read about it for months? (sarcasm - I've been the one researching things, not him) and he has me seriously stressed about it...

Comment

hmm seeing as how the B1 is for business travel, hopefully he applied for the B2 which is for medical treatment, pleasure or tourism. it says they are usually combined but he should apply for the B2.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Riyko View Post
          hmm seeing as how the B1 is for business travel, hopefully he applied for the B2 which is for medical treatment, pleasure or tourism. it says they are usually combined but he should apply for the B2.
          see he couldn't tell me that... he just said he talked to a coworker and they've done it already and it worked... which I don't buy that explanation!

but I like yours ^_^ Much less stressed.

Comment

same problem i have im in england and my girlfriend we havent met but contacted each other online for over a year i dont know what visa to aquire or what to say to the immigration officer in oklahoma a K1 is difficult may have to go for extreme hardship to be with her

Comment

Originally posted by lugia1985 View Post
              same problem i have im in england and my girlfriend we havent met but contacted each other online for over a year i dont know what visa to aquire or what to say to the immigration officer in oklahoma a K1 is difficult may have to go for extreme hardship to be with her
              If Im not wrong you have to have met each other in the last 2 years to qualify for the K1.

Comment

Originally posted by tiffinnie View Post
                oh, and if we ever plan to apply for the K1 in the distant future, what do we need to have (proof wise, at least from a visit...)
                Like 13000km said, make sure he saves and makes a copy of his passport stamp from entering the US and his ticket stubs and/or itinerary. Make sure to take pictures that you can use in the K1 Application as well. If he stays in a hotel: save and copy the hotel receipt. In my case, I also saved and copied ATM receipts to prove that I had been in his country at certain dates.

Comment

visajourney is great for these sort of issues. Tiff, has your bf spent any time on there reading up? It'd be good for him...

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

visajourney is great for these sort of issues. Tiff, has your bf spent any time on there reading up? It'd be good for him...

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

My SO (from Latin America) had to get a visa to visit me here in the USA. I just asked him what they asked him in the interview and he said they basically asked him what he was coming for. At the time he was being sponsored by his job to come to the USA to get training so he just said "For business" showed them a letter and that was about it.

It's silly to lie about a final destination. More people travel to California than Georgia anyways. Just have him tell them he's going to California for a visit. He's always wanted to see it. Just make sure he mentions his stay will be under a month whether it is or not. When my SO came in for his 6 month stay, he bought a return plane ticket for only 1 month after he entered to not raise any suspicion at the border.

Comment

And so, did it work? Update on this. I ask because I'm also brazilian dating an american and I'm curious!
                        My blog: A revisit of my most successful LDR. Posting the story of us in chapters.

Comment

I want an update, too! We just got rejected for a visa last week and I want to know how yours went. ):
                          Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                          Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                          Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I applied for my visa (tourist visa) a few months ago. (before knowing my SO )
                            They asked for proof I would come back to my country, for instance a good salary, a car, a house, a husband (which obviously doesn't apply here lol) or someone I was taking care of, also it was pretty useful for my sister saying she is attending a prestigious university.
                            As I said, PROOF you are not staying in the U.S.

Comment

Working...
                            X