Takin' a Train

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Takin' a Train

Ok I'm very new to traveling. I'm taking a train via Amtrak to see Josh in Wisconsin in July. I'm confused about something. It says Medications, even prescription drugs are prohibited on Carry On but not Checked Baggages. I guess I'm sort of lost? Maybe I'm dumb lol. I can bring my meds, but they'd have to be in the checked baggage and not on me?

And also what goes down at a train station? Like I said, I'm very new! ANy tips, advice, and experiences would be helpful! And my question about meds!

This is directly from the Amtrak site:

Medication
    Bring it with you
    If you anticipate requiring medication en route, please carry it with you aboard your train.

Do not pack your medication in checked baggage, or leave it packed in your car on the Auto Train, as you will not have access to your checked bags or vehicle during your journey.

As far as what goes down at a station, my experience has mostly been just waiting in the waiting area and listening for the voice on the intercom to announce they're boarding my train. The first time I took the train was back in March and I went up to the ticket counter and got my ticket after showing the confirmation page I printed and my ID. The second time, I just used the self-ticketing kisok since I was running late. The station I depart from and arrive at (both ways) don't have checked baggage service, so I just carried my suitcase and bags on to the train and stored them in the overhead compartment. I do know there are spaces on the train to store larger suitcases if there isn't any checked baggage service.

My advice would be to leave enough time to get to the station, lol. And maybe bring a snack or two. Amtrak trains do have snack cars, but the food tends to be a bit pricey.

Comment

Thanks for looking that up for me! At least I know what I can expect now.

Comment

Working...
      X