Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopefully going to Disney World together...Ideas for couples?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully going to Disney World together...Ideas for couples?

Today my mom discussed with my SO and I the possibility of my whole family and him going to Disney World(Florida) together! She won free tickets so we just need a condo to stay in. I'm so excited because WDW is my favorite place and my SO has never been! If everything works out, we will go in a month. If not, we will wait 'til winter break.

Does anyone have ideas of romantic/fun things to do at the parks? Or just around Orlando? I've always jus gone with family so I have never worried about couple things, ha!

Found out this is probably not going to work out Now I have no idea when we will be together again

I'd still appreciate and suggestions, because we will probably go together, eventually.

Comment

I love WDW! One of the fun things that my SO and I did one time when we went to WDW, is at the Magic Kingdom part, after you cross over to the park either on the ferry or the monorail, if you walk around to the left instead of into the park, there's a place by some of the hotels where you can hire little boats. We hired one for a half hour or hour and cruised around the lake for a while, it was a lot of fun, it's beautiful and we got to see an Osprey eating a fish

In orlando, we went to Medieval Times dinner and tournament show, it's absolutely fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and while it's not your typical romantic dinner, it was still a great night. I still have my little yellow flag and cardboard crown for our team from when we went :P This is their website: https://www.medievaltimes.com/home.aspx

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

I love WDW! One of the fun things that my SO and I did one time when we went to WDW, is at the Magic Kingdom part, after you cross over to the park either on the ferry or the monorail, if you walk around to the left instead of into the park, there's a place by some of the hotels where you can hire little boats. We hired one for a half hour or hour and cruised around the lake for a while, it was a lot of fun, it's beautiful and we got to see an Osprey eating a fish

In orlando, we went to Medieval Times dinner and tournament show, it's absolutely fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and while it's not your typical romantic dinner, it was still a great night. I still have my little yellow flag and cardboard crown for our team from when we went :P This is their website: https://www.medievaltimes.com/home.aspx
      Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
      First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Sorry to hear it won't work out for now. If you ever do get to go with your SO, which I HIGHLY recommend, I would suggest going during the fall or winter before new years. Magic Kingdom has special events (you can view them on the disney website) during this time like a Halloween party or Christmas party. It costs a little extra for these events but the park is A LOT less crowded. Also the fireworks are the best I've ever seen and it creates a very romantic mood. Plus, events like these create special, once-in-a-lifetime memories. This is just one of many, many things a couple can do there. Hopefully you'll get to go soon!

Comment

My SO is actually from Orlando, and she tells me a lot about it(: She recommends Universal Studios and WDW(:

Comment

ahem. ME TOO, HIGH FIVE!

We're planning to meet there in January (plus my 2 cousins who have no clue I'm gay, let alone in a LDR) but NOT TO WORRY, everything's going to be fine *breathe*
            My blog: A revisit of my most successful LDR. Posting the story of us in chapters.

Comment

That sounds like so much fun
              i wish i had the money to do those kinds of things for my SO.

Comment

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out I bet you'll be able to go sometime though

Coming from a big Disney family, my family recently planned a trip to WDW and decided to tag my SO along. I've been looking up some stuff myself.

Go (if you can make the decision) after Thanksgiving to before Christmas week. This is a time where the crowds are lower than normal and the weather is nice. PLUS Disney will have their Christmas events going on during that time, which brings up lots of events. I recommend dining at Cinderella's Castle, if possible. Its very romantic Most of the rides are two-seaters so that will give some time to be close. The live performances and parades often encourage the audience to participate, which is always fun when you participate together.
                "You will always have my heart, no matter how far we're apart" ~ Jacob

Comment

Ive only been to eurodisney, but would looove to go to disney world someday with my so! must be amazing!!!
                  our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Does anyone have ideas of romantic/fun things to do at the parks?
                    Just being there is fun!! Im my experience some of the most romantic moments are not planned, they just happened. If you two do get the chance to go, don't worry about trying to make it romantic. Go have fun on the ride, eating cotton candy and the romance will follow.

Comment

My SO and I went there one summer and we went to Magic Kingdom . Stay until the very closing of the park, it's a MUST! They have this HUGE fireworks display. Disney goes ALL out for this one. It's very romantic .

Comment

Hey, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you op. :[ I hope you do get to go someday, because Disney is definitely a spawning ground for romance. As others have stated you won't need to find romantic things to do, because there's entertainment and joy around every corner, and just spending time there with your SO will make you feel young and on top of the world. Fun stuff. :3 Good luck op.

Comment

Check out the site Disboards its a fan operated forum and they will gladly help you out with what ever you need.

Comment

Working...
                          X