moving to chile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moving to chile

hello I am from India and in a long distance relationship with a girl from chile santiago. I plan to move there and live there with her.
    What are my options to live there as we could have some issues as i list below -
    1. She is studying for dentist and has 4 more years to graduate.
    2. I do not own a college degree but i work as a day trader.
    3. I do not make enough right now to be able to go meet her in frequent basis or live there on my own.
    4. But i will be able to earn 1000-1500$ in 2 years
    5. Her family might not accept me as I do not have a college degree and I am 5 years older to her.

You should look Chile's immigration policies on their government site and see what the requirements are. Some countries offer work permits that allow you to come and work in the country, but they usually also require you to have a job lined up before you can move. Some offer "working holiday"-type visas, which let you come and stay in a country and work if you want to for a limited period of time. Other countries require you to have more permanent status in order to work there. It all depends on what Chile's policies are.

Also consider that there may be a language barrier. You will be expected to speak Spanish in most of Chile.

Have you met your SO in person?
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I'm facing the same situation. I met a girl via online dating website. Now I am bit confused. I even don't know how to keep my interracial relationship. Thanks!

Comment

I just got back from Chile about 6 months ago (it was my final trip), sadly what you are wanting won't make it possible to move there unless you plan on going to school at one of the universities there or if you get married.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Working...
        X