The aftermath of a visit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The aftermath of a visit...

How long does this depression stage last for after a visit???

For me it was 1-2 days...
    When you get back into the rhythm of communicating etc (that you did before the visit) and school/work/ hobbies it gets easier.

Comment

Usually only a couple of days. I just get back in to my routine & before you know it actually feels like I've never been away....I hate that feeling though Lol....Not saying I don't miss hubby because of course I do but life has to go on. I just make sure we communicate as much as we can and look forward to when we'll be closing the distance...

Started Writing - February 2010
      First Visit - September 2010
      Second Visit - June 2011
      Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
      Our Wedding Day - April 2012
      Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
      NOA1 - July 2012
      NOA2 - December 2012
      Fourth Visit - December 2012
      Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

For me and Stephen it was about a week. It hit me really hard...I was a WRECK...haha. But now things feel much better. We're back to our same routine, doing things together over the computer. It does get better, it just takes some time.

Comment

Depends. Usually a couple of days, the busier I am, the faster!

Comment

Three weeks for me... It was a rough time! I wouldn't say I was really upset for the whole time but I wasn't happy and it took that long til we got back to normal. However long it takes though you'll get there!

Comment

For me, it's been different for every visit. Sometimes a day or two, sometimes a couple of weeks, I haven't figured out why it's inconsistent for me, but it is.
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

3-4 days on average for me. One week max!

Comment

hmmm, i wonder if there's a correlation between how long it takes people to get over a visit and how often they visit. I dont get the chance to visit often (every 4months its looking like!) so maybe thats why it took me so long, that or maybe im too emotional for my own good! Its interesting to see how much it varies!

Comment

Probably a day or two, but then we see each other every 12 days or so for two days, so it's not TOO bad. After a longer visit, it takes me a few days more to get back to normal.

Comment

normally a couple days. sometimes it takes longer.

Comment

My visits are reasonably long - my SO and I tend to do visits when we can stay with each other for a good couple of months at a time - and my time between visits is reasonably long too - 6 months, it can take me a few weeks to get back into the rhythm of things. After the first month things have usually righted themselves, and enough time has gone since the last visit that I can start looking forward to the next one. I think I definitely depends on the length of your visit and the length of your separation.

Comment

For me it depends on what's going on in my life, if I'm busy I'll get over it in a few days but if my life is in a crawl then it could take up to a month. :/

Notes:
                          Met: 8.17.09
                          Started Dating: 8.20.09
                          First Met: 10.2.10
                          Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

It took me about a month to get out of the post-visit depression. It was actually not so bad for the first few days and then went straight downhill for the next few weeks. This was after I visited my SO for the first time (for about 3 1/2 weeks) around 7 months ago.

It likely depends on several factors-- how often you see one another, whether or not you have a definite date set for the next visit, how long your visits are, how you deal with separation... lots of things.
                            Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                            Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                            Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by redapple View Post
                              hmmm, i wonder if there's a correlation between how long it takes people to get over a visit and how often they visit. I dont get the chance to visit often (every 4months its looking like!) so maybe thats why it took me so long, that or maybe im too emotional for my own good! Its interesting to see how much it varies!
                              I'd say there is a correlation for me, when I leave him/go through that sad stage after a visit I'm not just sad to say goodbye but KNOWING it will be months before I get to see/touch him again adds so much more weight to the sadness.

We once had a trip where it was a month between when I left him and when he visited me (we had family holiday plans together), it was awesome and definitely one of the easiest goodbyes/sadness after a trip I've had.

ETP - forgot to quote redapple there! lol
                              Last edited by Jazi; March 1, 2013, 03:15 PM.
                              Met Online: February 2009
                              Feelings grew: January 2011
                              First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                              Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                              Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                              Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                              Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                              Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                              Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                              Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                              Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                              Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012