Getting ready for a visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting ready for a visit

How do your "rituals" go before you visiting your SO/your SO coming to visit?
    Beauty rituals, packing, cleaning....anything.

Trying to clean, put fresh sheets in the bed, if my SO is coming here I make something for him to eat on the way back from the airport, if I'm going there I pack while skyping with him if it's possible (otherwise I always end up forgetting something :P), make sure to have my diary with me so he can read it (we keep diaries for eachother)... Depending on how long I will stay in UK I always check that I have atleast extra medicine for two weeks in case something comes up...
    As for looks... Mostly sweatpants and a baggy shirt, or whatever feels comfiest :P I hate driving/trains/flying/busses in uncomfy clothes, and when we finally get to see eachtoher none of us really cares what the other looks like
    We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

I write a list of things I need a few days before and then check with him to see if I need anything else or have missed anything, I pack the day before and then write a list of things I need in the morning that I haven't packed in my main suitcase like passport, tooth brush, boarding passes etc. I also have a long bath the day before and make sure I feel nice for the morning then I *try* and get an early night as my flights normally are really early morning ones :P

Comment

It's always been me who travels to him. Mostly I obsess over packing and paperwork and all that stuff and make mental lists all day.

A week before the trip I make sure all the clothes I plan on taking are clean (or I wash them).

I buy stuff: presents for him, his family, some of his friends.

The day before I travel I ALWAYS have an appointment at the salon for waxing, plucking and all those things

And the night before, I get very little sleep.
        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

If he comes here... clean my place, do laundry etc. I try to pretty up a little, but I'm not against wearing yoga pants and a tank top if I'm lounging around, waiting on him to arrive

If I'm going there, I pack anything and everything I could possibly need! I like to wear something pretty and different, if possible. When we were first seeing each other, not a couple yet, I tried SO hard and probably looked overdressed for everything. For my next visit there I'm hoping to be spa-quality soft and plucked and painted and have a nice new dress...maybe some shoes! Ooh! (Daydreaming about this is the only way I've been getting through my boring classes lately LOL!)
          ~~~

Comment

I get obsessive. Once the 2 week mark rolls around, I start to prepare beauty wise. I will keep my hair as healthy as possible and I usually will condition it with henna and placenta proteins the day before I see him. I also do 2 facial masks a day, one deep sea mineral and one cucumber peel off to remove dead skin. I also use Jergens lotion that has agents to make me a little more tan. Then, I start adding a whitener to my toothpaste. Yikes, I sound crazy. If I'm going to him, I will pack a lot of different things, for whatever we may be doing. The weather is unpredictable there, so I have to pack for anything. Also, I try to dress a little nicer when I arrive so he will be impressed. Even though he loves me in anything. I also make sure I'm stocked up on protection. Sometimes I need to replenish our stock of condoms so we will be set for all the fun. I try to get some new lingerie if I can afford it at the time or I find something in my closet that is sexy to wear to bed, like booty shorts. The day I leave, I pack up the cooler and the car and obsess over my makeup.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

If I am going to see my SO...I have to make sure that he makes all of my traveling plans at least 2 weeks in advance (since he works for an airline and I get to fly standby); then I usually start by getting my hair done, mani and pedi, facial and any other beauty things that I feel need to be done. I sometimes will go shopping for a new outfit and shopping for anything else I think we may need while I am visiting. Then 2 days before I start to lay out all the outfits that i would like to bring and then narrow that down to the ones I am going to bring. The day before I pack and prep everything for the following morning. The day I leave to go see my SO, i get up super early do my hair, makeup and dress to impress!

If my SO is coming here, it seems to be a bit easier! I make sure I clean the house, change sheets, cook him his favorite cookies and go grocery shopping. I never realized how much easier it is for him to come here then me to go to him! Oh well I enjoy every minute either way!

Comment

I clean like a maniac lol =3. Then I clean myself up... wax, threading, mani/pedi. This time I'm getting a facial too <3.
                When I travel to him, I mostly do the same stuff and make a list of everything so I won't forget anything, be late etc.

Comment

As far as beauty rituals go, I don't really do much...I know he loves me no matter how I look! But I do get a eyebrow wax and a mani-pedi! I also pick out clothes to wear that I know he likes!

I do, though, turn into Mrs. Clean. I dust, vacuum, Windex, bleach, spray fabric softener! I go cleaning-NUTS! I also like to make him cookies or something for him to have when he gets here after his flight. I also like to make a plan for what we'll do while he's here, even though we probably won't stick to it very well!

Comment

I get mani-pedi, I buy sexy lingerie, I pack a month ahead, and always work out to keep in shape, but the month before traveling I work out more!!!!
                    I buy typical things from here to take to my bf's country, like tipical candies, pottery, etc.
                    I clean my place before going on vacation so when I am back, it's all nice.

Comment

I get really antsy and start planning outfits weeks in advance, mixing and matching to see what would look best. Then I make a list of all the things I need to pack and prepare them. My SO won't let me pack until the day before though because he knows I go crazy. Then I triple check that I have everything before leaving.

Beauty wise I try to keep my face as well taken care of as possible and use conditioner in my hair the day before. The last two trips I've maintained the downstairs area as well.

Notes:
                      Met: 8.17.09
                      Started Dating: 8.20.09
                      First Met: 10.2.10
                      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Working...
                      X