Jitters before first time meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jitters before first time meet?

Hey, so I'm flying to my SO next month and although we've been in this relationship for almost a year now and I know he loves me more than anything but I still have this worry that he might not love me the way he does now once we meet in person... I have brought it up many occasions and wry time he tells me not to think like that cos that's not gonna happen. I don't know why I'm thinking like that cos we know each other inside out and we skype every night all night so it's not like he doesn't know what he is expecting .... I just don't want it to go wrong:/ anyone else have these jitters before meeting?

Oh for sure! I was a wreck I kept wishing the plane would turn around lol

I kept thinking our online relationship was so so good, it couldn't/wouldn't be able to get any better -and by meeting him in real life I go it into my head something was going to go wrong or he was going to see something he hadn't seen over FaceTime etc

I worked myself into such a state, I honestly believed he was going to be disappointed. Thankfully he wasn't and neither was I, the trip was perfect :-)

All I can say is nerves are normal, stick with it and enjoy the excitement of it all too, I really hope it's goes fantastically for you

Comment

I think it would be abnormal not to be nervous. You both want to make this work! It'll be fine. I think you should enjoy the jittery feeling while you have it. I really can't say anything has ever made me feel so terrified and excited at the same time.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

I know the exact thing you are feeling. I'm meeting my SO in ten days. I'm totally excited, nervous, scared, worried, freaked out and a million other feelings all at once. I cannot WAIT for it to get here and in turn don't want it to get here. Lol. I'm all over the place.

Comment

Oh, I can relate! I was all jitters the entire day and night before he arrived, and as much as I appeared stoic on the outside waiting at the airport, my heart was racing. It's absolutely normal to be very nervous and excited, and nothing you should be ashamed of. It'll go fine, trust me

~
          It'll take a lot more than words and guns
          A whole lot more than riches and muscle
          The hands of the many must join as one
          And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Hey,

As others have said, your feelings are normal. It's even more daunting for you since you will be making the trip - new country, culture and out of your comfort zone. Try not to overthink things, be positive. Avoid projecting negative emotions because often we create negative situations because we are caught up in negative thoughts. Just be yourself...and remember, HE is nervous TOO!
            Met Online : July 2013
            Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
            2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
            3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
            Proposal : December 2014
            Closed distance : February 2015
            Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

yesssssh you speaking out of me too. I feel the same and I think it is normal too. Some of us can handle this nervous feeling better as others - but even if you one of them, who is not so good in this, don't be to scared. He is showing you his love since a year - you are worth to him and not at last, I agree with Petals, he is nervous about it too. I am pretty sure. I wish you all the best for your first meeting! be brave. You both will do it.

Comment

Your bonds go much deeper then most relationships already-
                Mostly because in the absence of touch, you simply have words. This means that instead of when you had a problem you didnt react physically, no you two talked it out.
                Not talking things out is actually one of the biggest killers in a relationship. Which means you have the hardest part covered already.

You two already know MUCH more about each other then anyone who just has a CD relationship, because the distance pushes you to.

So in the end this meeting will only push you two closer, because you then fill up the one element you are missing- touch.

I wish you luck in your visit and hope it goes amazing!

Comment

Bump...how'd it go?

Comment

How long did she go for? Maybe she's still there.

I didn't sleep at all the night before meeting my SO. I was so nervous I almost threw up and changed my outfit 8 times only to weR what I had on to start with. Don't you hate that?

Comment

Working...
                    X