I finally met him!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally met him!

I remember the day I bought my plane ticket. I was so scared, absolutely horribly lost, but happy! So happy. I printed out the tickets and tucked them into my special folder all about the Netherlands and Europe and everything we wanted to do. But, backstory.

My sweetheart and I met in an online chat room, and we just talked. I remember the date, October 20th, 2012, he doesn't! I was a senior in highschool and he was a 25 year old Dutchman with a British accent. But we met and we talked a few times throughout the week. The more I talked to him the more I liked him. Unfortunately, both of us put off our feelings. Neither one of us had been in a long distance relationship before and with more than 4000 miles between us it almost seemed hopeless. But I couldn't hold it in forever. And our story is a little out of order, but what good love story makes sense? Fast forward a few months. Once or twice a week chats turned into all night skype calls (we're six hours apart) and chats throughout the day. It came to the part where if I went a day without talking him I missed him terribly. I'd cry when he'd leave to go to bed, it wasn't a pretty sight but nonetheless it happened. Thankfully, he didn't think I was completely pathetic. On March 23rd, I told him I loved him. And (thankfully because I probably would have died if he didn't love me back) he said he loved me too! But we weren't dating. The next day, he asked me to be his girlfriend and of course I said yes! But this was just the beginning of our relationship.

We spent the next year apart and in love. We skyped all day, I maxed out my data plan more times than I could say. I started college and we went through hard times. But last December I bought myself the plane ticket. I told my parents I was going to Europe and they were so supportive (after they were worried for a couple weeks!) And the countdown began. At first the days went slow, but the closer I got to leaving to be with him the faster it went! Before I knew it my parents were driving me up to Chicago, staying the night in a hotel and preparing to say goodbye to me for a summer! I got on the plane, half teary and half so excited. I couldn't sleep on the flight, I was too excited. But when I landed in London the tiredness hit. I had a three hour layover and I called Rob, letting him know he should probably get on his way to get me in Amsterdam. The flight from London to Amsterdam was only 45 minutes but I slept the whole time. When I woke up, we were getting ready to land. I looked out the window and could the windmills on the ocean and the beautiful seaside. We landed and I went through all the normal airport stuff, heart pounding faster and faster. I got my bags from the baggage claim and walked out into the main terminal and I found him. He was hold the most adorable sign with my monogram (I love monograms!) and tulips, my favorite flower (also the flower of the Netherlands). And I was so nervous. I hugged him and he asked if he could kiss me. (That made me laugh because by that time we'd already been dating for over a year!) and I was too nervous so I told him I had airplane breath. But later we were stuck in traffic on the way back to his place and I gave him a sweet kiss, and I knew I was in love. I knew that this is the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with! We had a beautiful summer roaming Europe and enjoying one another. Nothing in my life was as painful as having to leave him to come back to the states.

So, now we're apart again, going on a year in a half in a couple months and then two years in March! He's coming to the states next summer and if we're lucky he's going to stay and come to university with me! Then our distance will finally be closed. Until then we're over 4000 miles apart, loving from a distance.

That's such a great story. It just goes to show, nothing ventured nothing gained. Taking risks often pay off, and yours did as now you're with the man of your dreams. Hopefully you can close the distance soon. I'm envious in a way, wish I could close the distance soon. Such a great story

Comment

Awwwwwwww
      I loved reading this. (I'm a sucker for romance)

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
        Awwwwwwww
        I loved reading this. (I'm a sucker for romance)
        Me too

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
          That's such a great story. It just goes to show, nothing ventured nothing gained. Taking risks often pay off, and yours did as now you're with the man of your dreams. Hopefully you can close the distance soon. I'm envious in a way, wish I could close the distance soon. Such a great story

Awww, thanks so much! I am happy that we might be closing the distance! I hope he'll follow through and we can get everything in order in time! I really want it! (It would be an awesome two years present! haha!) I completely forgot to add a picture of us though. haha.

Comment

Working...
          X