Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for great stories! Online relationship but have never met?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for great stories! Online relationship but have never met?

Hey everyone!

We've been in touch with Michelle previously about the authenticity of our company and this casting call.

I'm new to this forum, so I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ian, and I'm actually working as a casting director for a production company based in North Hollywood.

I have been recently working on a project that's looking to find online couples who have great stories. Specifically, we're looking to find stories about couples who are maintaining a serious online relationship but have yet to meet in person. It probably sounds similar to MTV's Catfish, but it differs in a few important ways. Our show (destined for a major television network), is looking to bring together couples who haven't had the means to meet in person. We're not trying to expose lies, we're looking to facilitate the next step in the relationship.

If you're interested in possibly being a part of our show, we have a page on our website with more information and an application. Unfortunately, since I'm new to this forum, I can't post links yet. You can find the page easily if you Google "Fly on the Wall Entertainment." We'll be the first link. Then, once on our website, click on "Now Casting" in the top right corner. You'll find the information there!

If you're not interested in being on our show, we'd still love to hear your story! Feel free to respond to this thread or send me a private message.

Thanks for considering speaking with me and giving me a chance to hear your story.

I'm here to answer any questions you might have!

Best,
    Ian
    Last edited by FlyOnTheWall; September 3, 2014, 01:01 PM. Reason: Added authentication.

Im 18 and my LDR bf (26) and i met online and have been together since october 2013. We've had some interesting things happen to us but we are serious and both think that meeting would make it super official. my mother thinks its such a bad idea for me to meet him but she doesn't understand that i waited a year and i feel like i know him. i wanted to get to know his soul, i wanted to learn him in oder to attest to the sincerity of our relationship. through all that we've been through, i can honestly say ive achieved that and we are nearly inseparable. theres always more to learn about a person when you are with them physically but we understand each other and connect spiritually. I really want to meet him in october for our 1 year anni but out of respect for my mother idk how it will work out. how do i get her to be more comfortable with letting me go? i even agreed to taking a friend with me. (a blog with our entire story will be up soon!)

Comment

Hi! Glad to hear your interested. Private messaging you now!

Comment

You messaged me, but my reply caught error saying your inbox is full so I'm putting my reply to your message here;

"Oh believe me, I know who Frank and Michelle are. You have no need to let me know.
        My significant other is not currently a part of this site yet, but I am sure he would be interested in hearing about it. We've been wanting to meet but circumstances have not been our teammates in the matter, as is the case with many things. Our story is a rather...interesting one, as it came together in a very unlikely way...and saved my life at the same time. If there is anything you would like to know about me, my SO, or our story, please feel free to ask me about it. Hopefully all three of us can properly be put in touch then. Right now, as it stands, any verbal interviews will be difficult because I am currently dealing with a sinus infection. I apologize if that messes anything up or causes inconvenience.
        Just let me know about anything you may need.

-AngelofFluffiness"

There you go.

Comment

Dear Ian,
          You messaged me, but your inbox is full. So I am replying here.
          I personally don't want any of my life broadcasted in a documentary, plus my SO and I are both pretty busy individuals. I also want our first meeting to be between us. I think you and many others will agree that the first meeting is a fragile and critical point in an LDR.
          I do hope other couples take you up on this wonderful opportunity.
          "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

You messaged me as well, and it seems great, but my SO and I already met in person.
            We did start out as purely online, so if you're still interested in our story I'd gladly share it with you, but we don't meet the requirements for the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
              Dear Ian,
              You messaged me, but your inbox is full. So I am replying here.
              I personally don't want any of my life broadcasted in a documentary, plus my SO and I are both pretty busy individuals. I also want our first meeting to be between us. I think you and many others will agree that the first meeting is a fragile and critical point in an LDR.
              I do hope other couples take you up on this wonderful opportunity.
              I got the message too, and we have met loads of times. It did spark an interesting conversation with my SO though when I told him about it.
              We quite agree with you that first time meetings are delicate and having a camera shoved in your face would make it even more aqward
              A camera would have been the last thing we would have wanted accompanying our first meeting, especially as we were both shy.

Good luck with meeting him and hope you have a lovely time together

Comment

Once upon a time in a land not so far away (depending on who you ask), I was sitting at uni, drinking coffee and surfing a Facebook group while waiting for my next class. I stumbled across a thread in which I started participating. It was a selfie thread. I don't normally partake in such things but I thought, what the hell. I posted a couple of things and this one girl encouraged me to post more things. Now there were quite a few pretty girls posting but this particular one caught my attention. Her and I ended up chatting in the thread and getting along so I added her as a friend.

I never would have imagined that press of the "add friend" button would change my life, but it did. She and I started talking there, and talking, and talking, and we didn't stop unless one of us was asleep. We kept talking and realizing more and more that her and I have a LOT in common. The more we talked, the more I felt like I was beginning to like her. Now I should mention at this point in my life that I was really against long distance relationships. I never thought it was possible for them to work. But more and more I realized I was starting to get feelings for this girl... Genuine feelings. After about, I think, three weeks we decided that we should Skype since we got along so well. Naturally I was nervous as heck and I thought the Skype session would only last about an hour or so. WRONG. It lasted at least seven hours. It was at that point that I realized that I really, REALLY had feelings for this girl and I put my anti-LDR mentality aside because this girl was amazing. Like, really, really amazing.

After a few more weeks of frequent Skype dates and ridiculous amounts of chatting, we had a wee chat about who'd move where if it came to that. I was expecting such a discussion to last a while because it's a huge decision to make. Nope. It was over within maybe 30 seconds. I told her that I'd move there happily if she didn't want to move. Her response?
                "NO! Fuck that! I'm moving there, I HATE Orlando!!"
                Well, that was really easy! Unfortunately her internet started going really hazy for the next 2-3 weeks. We had discussed the logistics of what would happen with travelling. We decided that I'd go to Orlando and spend a couple of weeks there, and she'd come back with me. We booked a date where we'd Skype while I booked the flights because I wanted to see the look on her face when I did it. That date almost didn't happen because of her hazy internet, but luckily for us it worked fine that night. We got on Skype, we talked, we had a couple of drinks, then I went on to Expedia to book the flights. Booked the first one, saw the look on her face, she had a huge smile on her face. Booked the flight home for both of us, and her face just lit up. I still remember it now, it was the loveliest smile I had ever seen.

Our relationship has developed further over the time, and we both love each other very much. What I never realized is how much she loved me early on. Early on I had strong feelings and I knew she had them too. I just never realized HOW strong her feelings were until I started going over old conversations again, and I said to her "wow... You really, REALLY liked me at that point didn't you! I never realized!"
                She was all like "well DUH!"
                We talked more about it and she revealed to me a few things which further made me realize how much she actually loved me. Early on I was scared to express too much feelings because I was worried about "moving too fast". It turns out, the entire time I was holding back, she felt exactly the same way and was holding back for the same reasons.

Now I only have four months left of waiting, and I make the trip to Orlando to finally see her. She is amazing and I love her dearly. I realize right now that as I am writing this, I have the cheesiest grin on my face and I have probably gone bright red, so I'm going to go and Skype her now so I can go even redder.
                Last edited by lordpsymon; September 6, 2014, 11:49 PM. Reason: Spelling
                ---------------
                Closed the distance: 14th January 2015

Comment

I guess it's too late. I sent private messages and also did the application on the fly on the wall website a week ago, but have not received a response. Oh well.
                  First contact: March, 2014
                  Official LDR: June, 2014
                  Married since: August, 2017
                  “有一种幸福就是每天睁开眼睛,就知道你在。” -Xinxin

Comment

Working...
                  X