First Meeting Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Meeting Videos

There were two other topics, but they were from 4-2 years ago, and I believe that in so many time new people have registered in the community and are willing to share their first meeting videos just to inspire us!

So, have you recorded your first meeting with your SO?

I'm planning to record the whole trip, starting in Portugal and ending in Canada, in December, I want to show those in a LDR how it really is, from the first second your departing, the connecting flights, etc. I've never seen one like this on Youtube.

That is going to be one long video... Or did you mean you would edit it to show the highlights?
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I personally wouldn't do that. it somehow feels way too private to share, I wouldn't even consider that, and I would be way to occupied to handle a camera aswell :P I in generally dont like this trend of documenting every single important event on film.. why watching it through a tiny monitor when you can have it full 360° screen real 3D? I prefer my memories over rewatching things. thats just me tho

I don't like watching things like that of other people too.. Maybe I just value privacy too much and don't like "intruding" others (ofc I know thats not really the case when they choose to share it.)

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
        That is going to be one long video... Or did you mean you would edit it to show the highlights?
        I'm expecting it to be around 20 minutes, with only the highlights of course I want to make it look like a documentary in the first person, if you know what I mean. Driving to the airport, the whole customs process, the stops in Frankfurt and Toronto before finally landing in Montreal. It'll take 18 hours to get there with all the flying time and airport layovers!

I told my SO to get her brother to film my arrival in their perspective, and I'll do it in mine (I'll put the camera recording around my neck so it won't really destroy the moment, ehehe).

I'm also thinking about putting on some sunglasses and a beanie (in a way she wouldn't recognize me) and just sit next to her until she notices me, to make it different and unique

Comment

Originally posted by ronjaandbirk View Post
          I personally wouldn't do that. it somehow feels way too private to share, I wouldn't even consider that, and I would be way to occupied to handle a camera aswell :P I in generally dont like this trend of documenting every single important event on film.. why watching it through a tiny monitor when you can have it full 360° screen real 3D? I prefer my memories over rewatching things. thats just me tho

I don't like watching things like that of other people too.. Maybe I just value privacy too much and don't like "intruding" others (ofc I know thats not really the case when they choose to share it.)
          Understandable. I'm not really like that though, I like to record every single important moment of my life, so I can review it years later. I can spend an afternoon going through my old movies when I was 6 years old, holiday trips around European countries... it gets me nostalgic, and I love the feeling. I'm not really going to handle the camera, I'll just put it around my neck and leave it recording, to have a good first person view. As to other people watching it, I'm okay with it, but I understand that most people wouldn't!

Comment

Originally posted by Gonçalo View Post
            I'm expecting it to be around 20 minutes, with only the highlights of course I want to make it look like a documentary in the first person, if you know what I mean. Driving to the airport, the whole customs process, the stops in Frankfurt and Toronto before finally landing in Montreal. It'll take 18 hours to get there with all the flying time and airport layovers!

I told my SO to get her brother to film my arrival in their perspective, and I'll do it in mine (I'll put the camera recording around my neck so it won't really destroy the moment, ehehe).
            Ok, because then it sounds like a couple of LD first videos I have seen before. I am sure it will be sweet anyway, though
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Ok, because then it sounds like a couple of LD first videos I have seen before. I am sure it will be sweet anyway, though
              I've only seen like 2 like this I would love to find more but I can't xd I wish i could find more (not only the actual meeting) i find them awesome to watch!

Comment

Yes, they are cute I am happy noone came to video our first meet or our first visit, or even or aniversery, I like to keep those moments private and hardly have photos of them

Comment

Yes, they are cute I am happy noone came to video our first meet or our first visit, or even or aniversery, I like to keep those moments private and hardly have photos of them
                  I totally respect the fact that you like your privacy. But most of the pictures or videos I take are private, I use them for me, I've never posted a video on Youtube by now. I'm a total camera geek though, I love shooting pictures, but I hardly post them, I add filters and play with them, and I just sent them to my SO.

I just experience the present as an anticipated memory. I just believe that every present moment needs to be experienced as something that will be reflected upon later. I just say to myself that the moment I'm living, when it's something that will mark my life, will be gone like 'that' and what it's left is that photo, or that video. All I'm going to have left is how I chose to remember that moment. I'm giving a chance to myself to choose how that moment will be remembered, and I think that's fascinating. We all become artists, photographers, it's cute. It's just how I deal with the fact that the moment will pass.

That's all we have, the anticipated memory, the present's gone, it's awesome, but it's gone.

Comment

Oh, the present is never gone, it lives in our memories I have the memory of an eliphant, also I do a lot of journaling about my experiences, so I keep the present alive that way. I have never done video camera much. If you like it though, please do and share if you want to

Comment

Working...
                    X