Skype, physical apperance first meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype, physical apperance first meeting

Is it really different the physical reality than skype?
    Is a person entirely different when you meet him or her personally than when you see it in skype?
    I ask this because I´m going to have my first meeting in two months and I want to be true to my boyfriend, I never use filters for my pictures, I have videos in youtube so he can know how I´m.
    I want to be honest with him, I know he loves me for who I´m, but sometimes I get scared, what if here and I don´t look like in the camera?, what if even when I try to be honest I look entirely different in the physical world.
    Any experiences in this subject???
    Maybe is just an insecurity of mine but I really need a considered human being who can calm me down! Haha!

My SO looked the same in person as she did on Skype. I don't see how it could alter your appearance.

Comment

Same here

Comment

I had the same worry about this with my SO. I said to him that what if the pics I sent are my version of myself but aren't true to how I look. Pretty much he said that I was silly to worry about that because he loved me and it really didn't matter. I never used filters either, but of course, I would send more flattering pics haha. We had used facetime and skype together too.

When I met him, he didn't look exactly as I had imagined him...he was better because now he was real. He said when he saw me for the first time he knew it confirmed everything he felt about me. In my case, all of my worrying (and it was a lot) was for nothing. I seriously considered cancelling our meet out of fear and insecurity. I'm so glad I didn't.

Until you meet, there will be nerves but if you've shown yourself and you've let him know how you're feeling, I think you'll be okay.

Comment

If you never use any filters and you have video chatted, I wouldn't worry about it as much.
          When I met my man for the first time, he looked the same way he looked on camera - only much thinner :P He said the same thing about me

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

The only difference I noticed about my SO when we met in person was that he was more "3D"! I could see him in more detail... which was so much better than skype. Skype sort of blurs the image but it's not like it hides things.. especially if you spend a lot of time on skype and getting to know each other before you meet, it should be okay. I think in person meeting is just so much more real.. and you can see their whole person and see more angles.. it's just amazing. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Comment

IMO people look better in person than on Skype...My SO looks better in person. Even where family and friends are concerned, they all look better in person.

I think that Skype usually makes people seem bigger than they are...even my boobs look really big on Skype lol. My SO is fairly short and on skype he looks so much taller and thicker in built
              Met Online : July 2013
              Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
              2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
              3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
              Proposal : December 2014
              Closed distance : February 2015
              Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Yes, people tend to look at bit bigger on Skype. I was actually a bit confused the first time I saw him again (dated 3 days, then did not see him for over 2 months). I remembered us being the same hight and more similarily built, whereas in reality he is shorter and slimmer than me. I was confused for maybe a couple of minutes. Then he kissed me and everything seemed right again, I remembered I actually liked him being the hight he is and so on! Also, when you are used to seeing someone on Skype they can look a bit "larger than life" when you meet them, because online is 2-dimentional wheras life is 3D.

I am sure he will like your looks when you see each other, and the physical touch, hearing sounds close by instead of from afar, being able to do things TOGETHER and so on make it a rich experience.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I have the same concerns, most of them revolving around what if somehow finds me unattractive in person. I had a really crappy experience on a blind date of sorts where I got told I was "different than what he expected" from my pictures, and it hurt. That was over a year ago and I still carry anxiety of that happening again, except this time the stakes are higher because he'll be spending thousands of dollars to come see me. I just remind myself that my SO has seen ALL of me, in pictures and on Skype so he knows what he's getting into. He knows my height, my weight, we've even talked about our scars.

Comment

Be confident in yourself! Your SO doesn't JUST love your body! This is very important to all of you here. If your SO just loves your body and not who you are, then this is not a relationship, but it is because your SO doesn't get your body, because all we, who have met online, have is being together online! They get YOU, your whole person! Your quirks, your laugh, your crying, your smiling, your jokes, the look you give them when they make you happy, the look you gave them when they make you angry or sad, EVERYTHING.

Physical appearance is really just ONE part of this whole package you are offering. Be confident, you have a lot to offer.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                    Married: 1/24/2015
                    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I´m so thankful for your reply!!!
                      As I don´t have the this first experience I got to confess that I wonder If he is going to find me attractive once he is here, I was really curious!

Comment

Thanks for your replyyy!!!!

Comment

You´re amazing!, thanks for your words and, you´re right, we are more than 2D or 3D images, we have so many things that are visible and non-visible and yes, if somebody loves the body is good, but not as good as if they love everything you are.
                          I think we all want our SO to like us and we forget that love is more than that.

Comment

Really?, this thing make me feel so curious!

And it´s true, the boobs look bigger on skype! Hahaha
                            My SO loock amazing in the camera, sometimes his hair isn´t well done but I love it anyways, as everyone I thing we want the people we love to see us like the prettiest thing in the world.
                            Most of the people have commented that their SO look bigger in the camera, I wonder if that happen to me too.

Comment

This calm me down so much!, your story is amazing!, I´m really nervous, he mean so much to me, is the one I love and for me he is the most beautiful person in this world and would mean a lot if he find the same in me.

And I can see that in the end, when you first meet, they see everything of you.

I wish I have the same luck when I met my SO

Comment

Working...
                              X