Our First Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our First Meeting

It's been two weeks now, but being new here I just wanted to share with you all anyway.

I met my boyfriend on eHarmony and we communicated/spoke for two months before we had the opportunity to meet.

Friday, Oct 24:
    He was coming down after his classes that day. I wasn't expecting him until dinner time, but as I was running errands I got a call and he was just a 45 minutes out. I was so excited. He came early to surprise me. I showed him my home and in the kitchen, he leaned over and we shared our first kiss.

We had our first date that evening, he took me to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. I can't even express how nervous I was. I could tell that as soon as he came I was enamored with him. He was very sweet towards me and even called up my mother from dinner asking if we could stop by. My mom lives not far from me and I had mentioned she would love to meet him. My mother has never liked any man I brought home, but she didn't seem to mind this one. I won't say she completely approves of him, but more so than any other person.

Saturday, Oct 25:
    We took it easy this day for the most part. He had mentioned he'd wanted to see a movie that day so we planned to see what that afternoon.
    At lunch, the most amazing thing happened. He had received a call from his step brother asking him to hang out that night, but he said "I'm sorry, I can't, I'm in Iowa visiting my girlfriend." At this point we hadn't even discussed officially if we were in a relationship, but this answered my questions. I asked him when he decided this. He told me a couple weeks prior. I wish he would have told me, but I guess that means when I told him I stopped talking to everyone else I had been communicating with on eHarmony, he most have considered it at that point.

We took my dogs to the dog park and we flipped for the choice of movie. I won the movie choice, but when we got to the theater the only movie playing at that time was his. I was not happy as I told him I wasn't sure I could handle that kind of film. Midway through the film, sure enough, I started having a panic attack, I tried to get through it, but I unfortunately got to the point where I had to bolt out of the film. There was killing and murder about every 20 seconds. I was thinking in the bathroom, he's never going to want to see me again after this, never ever! When I came out, there he was, standing patiently holding my purse and ready to leave. I told him we didn't have to. I told him he could finish, but he said he'd be a jerk if he did that. He apologized for not listening to me and said he wouldn't ever make me go to a movie like that again. Obviously, it wasn't a deal breaker either.

That night he made me tacos, he is part Mexican, so he made 'real' tacos. He's asked me to get a Habanero pepper and when I got only one he was like "WHAT?" I guess I didn't know you were supposed to get more, but with only one in there I could barely handle the heat. I guess it's my bland, midwest upbringing. They were still delicious.

Sunday, Oct 26:
    We slept in late this morning, trying to enjoy the last moments together before he had to go home and work that night. I took him to pick up some lunch and we ate it at the sculpture park in Downtown Des Moines. It's a beautiful spot, but it also was a place I wanted to show him as I work near there. I wanted to show him where I am when he calls me every morning, so that when he goes him, he could then picture it. Unfortunately not long after lunch it was time for him to go home. We spoke much of his drive back, which eased the pain of him leaving, but I felt so wonderful having met him and knowing this wonderful person I'd met through eHarmony was someone who is completely worth it.
Working...
X